• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would it take for you...

TheRealDeal

It's not that we're just fans because they are local TRD. They are the home team and they are supposed to be the CAROLINA Panthers. Same thing with the Hornets. The Panthers logo matches the shape of the two states, and even the mascot itself goes back to the days when jaguars and panthers roamed the south east. The Panthers are in my DNA if they left i dont know what I would do.

I was a 49er fan since the beginning of watching football, even while the Panthers and 9ers were in the same division. I dumped the 9ers when they fired Mooch a 10 win a year coach cuz he wasn't the new owners guy. They still haven't recovered from that stupid idea.

I guess the good thing is as a Panther fan never have to worry about that scenario playing out here...so I guess I will be a Panther fan forever.

I have to agree with the others that say a move out of the state would do it for me. I'm not originally from here but was in NC in the mid-90's and have been a loyal fan from day 1. I was also a Hornets fan until they bounced, and if JR started running his team like that, it would be game over. I don't care that we suck here and there, that's what being a true fan is. Through thick and thin... or relocation. I doubt you'll find anyone in Cleveland or Houston that is a Ravens or Titans fan because that used to be their local team.

I'm from PA. Can't stand the Steelers. Can't stand the Eagles. I took on the Panthers when they were announced to be a team. That said, if the Panthers were no longer Carolina Panthers, I very likely would drop the Panthers and consider just watching football and not having a favorite.

Thats not true, I live in carolina now but I am originally from Dallas and am still a cowboys fan as my number 2 team. But living in the place with your team helps create an "us against the world" mentality. I can become a fan of another team that doesnt reside in Carolina, but if my team left, then the insult would be too much to handle.

thats almost sacrilegious

Im going to always be a great fan of this team. When i first started watching football i saw again when the Panthers were playing somebody and i just really fell in love with this team. We have always been a small market team people really didnt ever talk about us or how good we were. When we had a good season we still didnt get talked about but it dont matter we had some good season. The only thing that really bother me was when we played good or had and good year something always happen and it turned ugly. But this is my team and im going to always love it.

:party:

Seems like a lot of people so far are just fans because they are local.

They don't have to do anything else but be in your city to earn your fandom and your dollar?

I grew up a Cardinals fan, so I became numb to suckage. Started following the Panthers when they were formed because of being in the Carolinas at the time. But my allegiance was cemented after being in the stands for their first playoff win against the Cowboys. That was an electrifying experience that will always be with me.

I will stay a Panthers fan for as long as they stay committed to trying their best to win. They are always going to have up and down years, but I have never questioned their commitment to winning.

Who knows what will happen when JR has to turn the team over to someone else. But for now, they would have to screw up really, really bad to lose me as a fan.

Thats not true, I live in carolina now but I am originally from Dallas and am still a cowboys fan as my number 2 team. But living in the place with your team helps create an "us against the world" mentality. I can become a fan of another team that doesnt reside in Carolina, but if my team left, then the insult would be too much to handle.

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this. I think the Cowboys are a number two team myself, at least in the way that my son thinks of number two...

Archived