• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers FO to hold press conference on Draft live tomorrow at Noon

TruCatzFan

If they really are running a smokescreen, maybe they see this as the last chance to try to sell other teams on them taking Newton.

Following this line of thought, the reason they have run the Newton smokescreen is because they decided early on that he was the player other teams would be most likely to trade up for.

In any case, it will be a fun week for fans.

Fun?? I feel like may avatar baby.

what are the chances that they state they've made a decision? and feel confident?

that would be the best news to me

I don't see it. If they did this and someone called up Wednesday with a blockbuster deal, the team would either have to backtrack and resell someone else, or stick with the pick while turning down a better option.

In reality, I don't think we will be able to trade down unless we give it away. But why short circuit that possibility?

If they really are running a smokescreen, maybe they see this as the last chance to try to sell other teams on them taking Newton.

Following this line of thought, the reason they have run the Newton smokescreen is because they decided early on that he was the player other teams would be most likely to trade up for.

In any case, it will be a fun week for fans.

There is no other reason we wouldn't have announced the pick right now except for the fact that we are desperately trying to trade down. Once we announce who we are planning on taking, the list of potential trade partners dwindles from 32 to 4 or 5. If we announced at this press conference we intend to take Cam Newton and ended up lying (for smokescreen purposes), I don't think it would be perceived well by fans or the media.

A. No one wants the #1 pick because of the ridiculous salary it will be bring.

B. No one wants the #1 pick because of what they'll have to give up to get it.

C. A huge reason they aren't going to announce their decision is because of the Draft Party. Not to mention I as a fan would rather be filled with excitement and curiosity as Goodell heads for the podium.

Archived