• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers FO to hold press conference on Draft live tomorrow at Noon

TruCatzFan

ROTOWORLD via Observer: Coach Ron Rivera listed wide receiver as a top draft need Tuesday, which the Charlotte Observer interprets as "a pretty good clue as to the Panthers' thoughts on Steve Smith's future."

The Panthers would seem to be fine at the position with Smith and the three players drafted last year, so Rivera's statement is telling. It's not clear whether Smith has reiterated his desire to be traded in recent months, but he has "given every indication he is ready to move on." Depending on Judge Nelson's actions Wednesday, trading season could be open in by the end of the week.

Throw Green and even Jones on the pile. TeeRay, if we take Cam I can tell you that no other QB has been more scrutinized and checked out than Newton. I will support him and look forward to the show.

If he busts, it should cost Hurney his job.

what about vincent jackson for steve smith straight up?

a team that really wants to trade for the first pick would already be calling and trying to set up the terms of the deal(parcells has said that's just how it works)..this isn't hard to figure out..it would be up to the panthers to try and find a partner because nobody is going to ask.

a team that really wants to trade for the first pick would already be calling and trying to set up the terms of the deal(parcells has said that's just how it works)..this isn't hard to figure out..it would be up to the panthers to try and find a partner because nobody is going to ask.

and I would assume the odds of Carolina begging someone to take the #1 pick are slim to none.

This is really not true

I dont know how to say this any other way.

Im not talking about whether Cam will be good or not. Nor am I talking about when Cam will play. Im talking about Smith and the fact that he wouldnt want to wait until Cam matures as a QB.

I kinda like Cam, I kinda buy the hype. I think there are questions but I think there's potential. Now, do a me a fuggin favor and stop trying to pick fights with me over whether (or When) he's gonna be a baller or not. That aint my bag baby

some dude even quoted PFT in there somewhere as credibility for something. . . uhm wtf? lols

So many people seem to think if they are a first round qb, that the qb must start right away. Must get an immediate return on the qb. It doesn't change the fact the the qb must still develop, and it's usually 3 years before they really come into their own. Starting early could help, but it could destroy the player also. In the situations where the rookie plays early, and the team improves, it's not cause of the rookie qb. The rest of the team has to play well for a rookie, or sophmore qb to succeed.

If the rest of the team is playing that well, then I could easily argue moore would do better this year.

Anyways...continue the debate.

Archived