• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Adam Schefter...

TruCatzFan

2) They may not want to be at the mercy of the players filing lawsuits against them by maintaining the structures that currently exist to "preserve parity" but also basically create a monopoly.

this doesn't make any sense.

so because the courts have ruled against them after they blew up the most profitable sports league in the world they're going to.....blow it up further? because they'll have to go back to the rules used in the horrors of their most profitable season ever in 2010?

Clausen needs to be in the damn film room at six am

Nah, I think he'll still be vacationing at the beach lol.

...but seriously, I understand how you feel. I hope he really works hard to improve himself. We will know what he's made of this next season, no excuses or bailouts for pickles.

this doesn't make any sense.

so because the courts have ruled against them after they blew up the most profitable sports league in the world they're going to.....blow it up further? because they'll have to go back to the rules used in the horrors of their most profitable season ever in 2010?

maybe I'm being stupid but it seems to me that a 2010 season that is immediately preceding a lockout could seriously damage the game.

edit: isn't it basically elements that violate antitrust laws that have made the league the most profitable in the world? isn't that what certain elements on the players side (kessler?) want to get rid of? (salary cap, draft)

Since there is no longer a player's association and the lockout has been lifted....I'm thinkin I could go down to the stadium and get a free workout in.....not to mention grab a couple left over Steve Smith jerseys......

maybe I'm being stupid but it seems to me that a 2010 season that is immediately preceding a lockout could seriously damage the game.

i don't even understand what you mean so yeah you're being stupid

edit: isn't it basically elements that violate antitrust laws that have made the league the most profitable in the world?

the nfl is profitable for many reasons.

as it stands it's not a monopoly because it has an anti-trust exemption/

isn't that what certain elements on the players side (kessler?) want to get rid of? (salary cap, draft)

not a single player or player rep has spoken against the draft or the salary cap.

Archived