• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Smith has cleared out locker, sui

teeray

IF we are trading Smitty, I hope it is 100% his choice where he lands... We owe him that...

Technically all we owed him was a paycheck with a lot of zeros on it, and that's already been delivered.

I get what you mean, but lots of guys deserve happy endings. Few get them.

As of right now, unless Smith retires tomorrow, he is still a panther. We most likely won't be able to trade him for a while, so he will see what we do in the draft and possibly be with us throughout free agency. Now, we already picked up Shockey, and if we re-sign D-Will, he might want to stick around a little longer.

I wonder if Luck came out this year, would things have been different in respect to both Smith and Williams?

I think someone else said this earlier, but didn't he clean out his locker back before the lockout started? Seems like this is similar to when the big story came out that he had his house on the market. Then everyone figured out it had been on the markets for months prior to the report.

I may be underestimating the Huddle's affinity for tinfoil hats, but I thinkif it had just been his locker, people probably wouldn't worry much. The fact that it was also a personal suite raises the old eyebrow.

Depends on which place you've been going to...

Yeah I saw that c...uuuuhhh, knew somebody would say that :sosp:

As of right now, unless Smith retires tomorrow, he is still a panther. We most likely won't be able to trade him for a while, so he will see what we do in the draft and possibly be with us throughout free agency. Now, we already picked up Shockey, and if we re-sign D-Will, he might want to stick around a little longer.

I wonder if Luck came out this year, would things have been different in respect to both Smith and Williams?

Luck would have changed EVERYTHING man..lol. Damn Him! :mad:

No clue what it means...but if it DOES happen to be a deal with the Pats...we better get a comp pick just for dealing with the Pats because we're not even in draft pick trade abilities.

I could see a 3rd given up for him, but that's the ceiling. I'd love to see a second.

I was bantering around trade options and (if the CBA is done pre-draft), then I could see a Carson Palmer/Steve Smith trade. Pick swaps and gain a 2nd rounder. Cincy gets their QB. We get Dareus. Then grab Austin in the top of the 2nd if we're so fortunate. If Cincy gives us a future 1st...use that for the supplemental draft in the event Malcolm Floyd decides to enter it.

:)

and Smitty goes back with his college buddy Chad.

Archived