• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Smith has cleared out locker, sui

teeray

Smitty is one of a kind. I've been watching pro football a long, long time and you'll never see a guy with his talent, heart, and pure will to be the best. And make no mistake he is one of the best WR's to ever touch the football. If he's really gone I hope the FO will not make the same mistake twice, learn from it, correct it. We should've been looking for a QB when Jake went down with the elbow injury. If/when I see him in another uniform, I'll wonder why Hurney still has a job, fuggin asswipe.

I get what you mean Snakefist but when will the FO feel some heat over some of the call's they did or did'nt make. This team was one bad kick from a Superbowl win, and it's been a slow decline ever since. I pull for the Panthers too, but when guy's are asking to leave you got to wonder. Only two decent year's after the superbowl, 05 and 08. Take Smitty off the 03 and 05 team, we never would've been there in the first place.

Why does everyone want to trade him to NE or GB. These teams already won their superbowls, why keep giving them more reasons to be the top teams in the league. As if I haven't heard enough about these teams on ESPN already. No, if we are going to trade Smitty, we are going to trade him to a up and coming team like the Lions. (Plus, they may give us more for him, and at the same time Smith is being traded to a decent team)

With all that said, I hope Smith stays here. Matt Moore is still a decent QB once our O-line gels. Besides that, they have a connection. And if he is willing to wait a little longer, he will be apart of us getting Carolina's first real franchise guy since we drafted Kerry Collins. (Andrew Luck)

I want Smith and Moore to be a great duo as much as anyone but if he leaves I want him to go NE, GB, or the Colts. Those will be the only places he will be able to show what he can really do, and do it with more national attention. I want Smith to get the respect he deserves.

If he leaves then fug him, I pull for the Panthers not for the Smiths. The Panthers stuck by him when he was in trouble so not to complete his contract with us is a douche move IMO.

It is possible Rivera wants to trade him, doesn't have to be Smith's decision.

I get what you mean Snakefist but when will the FO feel some heat over some of the call's they did or did'nt make. This team was one bad kick from a Superbowl win, and it's been a slow decline ever since. I pull for the Panthers too, but when guy's are asking to leave you got to wonder. Only two decent year's after the superbowl, 05 and 08. Take Smitty off the 03 and 05 team, we never would've been there in the first place.

Most teams have not even had the success we have had. Im sorry but you have down years in Football. Most great players never see a SB but the ones that do most of the time stick with there team.

NOBODY ON THIS BOARD WANTS HIM TO GO!!!!!

What we're saying is if he does go he needs to go to a contender so he gets his ring! I dont want to lose #89!!

and TRD and (i forget) I know that we'll inevitably get screwed if he does go

SO SO SAD!

I o have faith that its not over. I think he will be putting all that poo back in his locker and suite

Exactly...Smitty is the greatest Panther of all time IMO. ANd Im hoping he just wanted to dust off some items in his locker ;)

Might as well warm on up to Edmond Gates or some other 3rd round receiver if this is truly a sign of any sort that the Panthers and Smitty are breaking up...

I had us taking Gates anyways in my mock, but this would make WR even more of a need... We could go with AJ, but I am not sure at this point... We may feel we have better options at WR via other means than the first overall pick, and still go Dareus...

If we trade him, how big of a loss would it really be? Think about it. He's a 5'9'' receiver that has seemingly lost the step that made him explosive (elite), has picked up a habit of dropping catchable balls over the last few years and has a demeanor that isn't exactly suitable for the development of younger players.

Don't get me wrong, I love Smitty and what he did for this franchise, but some times you just have to know when it is best to move on. That's what makes franchises like the Patriots and Steelers so great.

If we trade him, how big of a loss would it really be? Think about it. He's a 5'9'' receiver that has seemingly lost the step that made him explosive (elite), has picked up a habit of dropping catchable balls over the last few years and has a demeanor that isn't exactly suitable for the development of younger players.

Don't get me wrong, I love Smitty and what he did for this franchise, but some times you just have to know when it is best to move on. That's what makes franchises like the Patriots and Steelers so great.

I can understand this point of view, but I don't really share it 100%...

To me, part of the problem with the NFL is that it also looks on its players this same way... You're too small... You're too old... You're too much of a distraction... But, please get out there and bust your ass to win us games and sell tickets and merchandise for our franchise... kthxbai...

I don't care where he goes, if anywhere... Just like Julius Peppers, I will always be a Steve Smith fan... He doesn't have to be a Panther for me to appreciate what he has done for us, and for the sport of football...

Archived