• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Smith has cleared out locker, sui

teeray

serious question ......what if we pass on Newton, and draft either Dareus, Green, or Peterson....then Newton takes a fall...I mean a fall like Clausen did last year. Would you see us trading up to go get him?

btw I don't think there is a snow-ball's chance in hell he falls pass the Vikes, but you never know if they like Gabbert, and the deadskins aren't in love with anyone

yes I know this isn't a newton thread but god knows we don't need another one

I love Steve Smith more than any NFL player every, but if he is definitely gone. Green may be the best option

The locker room part didn't bother me, it is the fact he also went and took all his pictures off the walls in his suite.

Might be much ado about nothing.

My wife watches games from in there with his wife and family. He's just making more room for the fathead I bought of me before the season started.

He's being very generous in letting me have some wall space.

I think our wives are actually moving into an upgraded suite for next season so that's part of it as well.

smith is kind of an emotional guy and i could see him swing all the way one way and do something like this..he could of did this before we signed rivera..if we want him i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get him to swing back into the fold..

smith is kind of an emotional guy and i could see him swing all the way one way and do something like this..he could of did this before we signed rivera..if we want him i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get him to swing back into the fold..

TOTALLY agree!

The locker room part didn't bother me, it is the fact he also went and took all his pictures off the walls in his suite.

Might be much ado about nothing.

Might be, but I agree the fact that he went the extra mile raises an eyebrow.

This does not mean AJ Green is a lock. Even if Smith isn't going to be a Panther next season, we can still pick up a top Free Agent WR and draft Newton. The FA class for QB is very thin, same goes for the draft class of QBs. If we want a QB we got to pick from the top.

I'd agree that it doesn't really say anything about who we plan to draft given when it happened.

But with that said, if it does mean that they're planning for a post-Smitty team, you'd have to think that would factor into the debate.

Why does everyone want to trade him to NE or GB. These teams already won their superbowls, why keep giving them more reasons to be the top teams in the league. As if I haven't heard enough about these teams on ESPN already. No, if we are going to trade Smitty, we are going to trade him to a up and coming team like the Lions. (Plus, they may give us more for him, and at the same time Smith is being traded to a decent team)

With all that said, I hope Smith stays here. Matt Moore is still a decent QB once our O-line gels. Besides that, they have a connection. And if he is willing to wait a little longer, he will be apart of us getting Carolina's first real franchise guy since we drafted Kerry Collins. (Andrew Luck)

Archived