• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Smith has cleared out locker, sui

teeray

holy poo I fuging get chills and tear up watching that vid every time... All those years of watching greatness, only to see it eventually be wasted away...

That's what I'm saying.

He's a guy that just defines passion for the game, if we're worried about Newton being passionate, we should some how get them together for some practices outside the lockout. :D

This does not mean AJ Green is a lock. Even if Smith isn't going to be a Panther next season, we can still pick up a top Free Agent WR and draft Newton. The FA class for QB is very thin, same goes for the draft class of QBs. If we want a QB we got to pick from the top.

Hurney wants to trade down bad.. I read an article that Hurney has been calling trusted Front Office personell throughout the league about several non-QB prospects, including AJ Green and Marcel Dareus.. for friendly draft advice.

My belief is that Steve Smith will be traded as soon as the new CBA is in place, so we need a true #1. Hurney has decided against drafting Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert.. as he is not ready to give up on Clausen. Ultimately, he wants to trade down to recoop his 2nd and still pick up AJ Green (his target all along).

I am 99% sure we are not taking Cam Newton.

1. Carolina Panthers — A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

Cam Newton here? Well, maybe. Yahoo! Sports has learned that the Panthers have been making all sorts of calls to people they trust, asking about every possible top-10 non-quarterback, from Marcell Dareus to A.J. Green and back again. And in the end, while Clemson end Da'Quan Bowers has been racking up some serious frequent flyer miles to the NC, the smart money might be on Carolina looking to spend one more season justifying the Jimmy Clausen(notes) pick by giving him the best receiver possible. Green is a superior vertical threat with amazing hops, and if Clausen can't make it go with Green in the fold, the Panthers will know all they need to know.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-Corner-Mock-Countdown-Version-1-;_ylt=AvF54gRa5It3_V3CODbJhNk5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp1201

I thought Smith wasn't really into mentoring young WRs?

Lolololololololololololol. Good one. :rolleyes:

If we draft Newton, we can always combine any of our players with him using surgery, right? Like, if we're worried about his passion, just get 89 to donate some to Newton's 'football passion' area of his brain.

Hurney wants to trade down bad.. I read an article that Hurney has been calling trusted Front Office personell throughout the league about several non-QB prospects, including AJ Green and Marcel Dareus.. for friendly draft advice.

My belief is that Steve Smith will be traded as soon as the new CBA is in place, so we need a true #1. Hurney has decided against drafting Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert.. as he is not ready to give up on Clausen. Ultimately, he wants to trade down to recoop his 2nd and still pick up AJ Green (his target all along).

I am 99% sure we are not taking Cam Newton.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-Corner-Mock-Countdown-Version-1-;_ylt=AvF54gRa5It3_V3CODbJhNk5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp1201

Mods, the huddle needs an Mega Ultimate Draft Crow Eating Bonanza post draft. We need to account for every person who's had mystical inside knowledge, or is so sure one way or another on any certain prospect so that henceforth, statements from the offending members proved wrong would come with an asterisk.

Lolololololololololololol. Good one. :rolleyes:

If we draft Newton, we can always combine any of our players with him using surgery, right? Like, if we're worried about his passion, just get 89 to donate some to Newton's 'football passion' area of his brain.

You couldn't do anything to Newton to make him half the player Smitty is.

As far as AJ Green being the pick I understand that he more than likely has a higher ceiling than our current young wideouts. At least they showed SOMETHING after that disaster last season unlike our QB's. That's why I feel like regardless WR shouldn't be to high on our need list.

I just hope we can get this worked out with Smitty and D-Will as well.

Archived