• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney strongly suggested that Carolina will take a quarterback

teeray

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/player?r=1

Let me say that I cut and paste the headline and I am not sure how strongly he suggested this. It was likely a response to a question by Gantt:

"This is a quarterback league," said Hurney. "Look at the order of the draft. The ones who have 'em are picking low, and the ones who don't are picking high." Hurney added, "This has nothing to do with Jimmy Clausen." The interview was done with Darin Gantt of the Charlotte Observer, the top Panthers beat writer in the nation. Gantt is convinced the pick will be Cam Newton.

Take FWIW

old news as Gantt is gone?

Hurney will not even tell you what he had for breakfast during the month of April. I suspect he is talking for the rest of the league, i hope so anyway

Again this is from a radio show this morning.

Does anyone take anything away from the comment about Clausen?? Seemed odd to me to throw that part out there. Sounds like a guy setting up the groundwork of spinning his pick. Maybe it was just a throw away line however. Just seemed odd.

Archived