• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

can Cam Succeed!?

TruCatzFan

Can he succeed in the NFL? That seems to be the popular question. Steve Mariucci, and Kurt Warner weigh in...along with a couple others

I found this video on NFL.com so I wanted to share it. The "experts" sound just like us LOL! just more info from more "experts" The clip runs just over 5 min.

I'm posting this video because this pick has the propensity to directly effect our franchise's future, and if it's him everyone should know every tidbit thats said.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81f67eb5/No-Huddle-Can-Cam-succeed-in-NFL?module=HP_headlines

It's going to be a huge transition for Cam, but he can succeed if he's willing to put the work in and everything I've heard about him says he is.

He could turn out to be really good, but hard work alone won't get it done. Although it will be impossible for him to succeed without it. To me there are still accuracy issues on the mid range passes and defense reading issues. He might be a natural at this but its really hard to tell since there is no real film of him doing this. Thats the evil of the spread offense.

Can he succeed in the NFL? That seems to be the popular question. Steve Mariucci, and Kurt Warner weigh in...along with a couple others

I found this video on NFL.com so I wanted to share it. The "experts" sound just like us LOL! just more info from more "experts" The clip runs just over 5 min.

I'm posting this video because this pick has the propensity to directly effect our franchise's future, and if it's him everyone should know every tidbit thats said.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81f67eb5/No-Huddle-Can-Cam-succeed-in-NFL?module=HP_headlines

No

I don't think the question that needs to be asked is if he will succeed but WHEN will he succeed.

IF we draft him #1 and it takes him 6 years on a 6 year contract but we paid him $40mil, is that worth it? How much is the 2nd contract we have to pay after only seeing one year of good football? Does he even consider resigning or going to a bigger, better market?

I have no idea if he will succeed or not, that is completely up to him, but I think that the position the Panthers are in and the things we know about Newton today and the transition he will have to make SHOULD make the Panthers stay away.

Didn't look to me like a single one of these guys watched his last 5 or 6 games. Even in the first SC game he only made a 1 read and run play 2 or 3 times.

Making the 1 read and run argument tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If its your job then do some research for gods sake.

How long after the draft do we still talk about him, if we don't draft him???

Only to discuss the headlines like "Panthers #1 pick Dareus gets 1 1/2 sacks on Cam Newton in the 28-10 loss to Buffalo" :banghead:

Im not a big fan of Cam, but I think he can and will succeed here if he is the pick. A couple things will have to happen though.

1. We re-sign DWill.

2. OLine gets back to old form

3. Steve Smith stays

Cam is a guy that can beat you with the arm or the legs. Sure he doesnt have a lot of smarts about him, but the talent is def there. I said last year that if Jimmy can come in and just complete the necessary passes, he would be the starter for a long time. Jimmy couldnt do that. Cam is not the best passer, but defenses would have to respect his running abilities.

I just think we would have a home run offense with Newton. He can beat you with his legs or arm. DWill and Stew can beat you as proven before. Smitty can take it to the house at any moment. Shockey, LaFell and Gettis all are guys that can move the chains.

Cam can succeed here.

Archived