• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Parcells' Draft Confidential on ESPN

TruCatzFan

He said he likes Cam as a prospect, and he also said several times that if you violate your principles, that's when it comes back to bite you in the ass. He said Cam would be violating mostly all of his principles. Similar to Pat White. Parcells seemed to indicate that there was no QB prospect in this years draft that had prototypical size and met all of his criteria.

Stanzi does actually I think... but I guess he has other red flags.

Don't take this the wrong way because it isn't directed at you, but I fully expect a lot of people to applaud your post... but I'm going to wonder how many of those very people will curse Hurney if we pass on Cam Newton.

The same people that praise Hurney for taking Cam Newton will be demanding his head in 3 years when/if Cam Newton flames out.

I really like Stanzi as a prospect. I don't think Parcells talked about him though.

He didn't, at all.

I would be happy with Stanzi in a later round because I think he could surprise. It may just be due to the fact I've seen more Big 10 games than any other conference, but he can really make some nice throws under pressure. He has really improved his mechanics this last year, too; he had a bit of a windup last year. He is so much more polished this year.

I wouldn't want him starting early, but then again, we wouldn't be starting Cam or anyone else early either.

He didn't, at all.

I would be happy with Stanzi in a later round because I think he could surprise. It may just be due to the fact I've seen more Big 10 games than any other conference, but he can really make some nice throws under pressure. He has really improved his mechanics this last year, too; he had a bit of a windup last year. He is so much more polished this year.

I wouldn't want him starting early, but then again, we wouldn't be starting Cam or anyone else early either.

I think Gabbert would be an instant upgrade over Clausen and could start right away. I don't feel that way about anyone else in this draft besides Mallett. But, I agree with you about Stanzi could be a steal in this draft.

Archived