• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Parcells' Draft Confidential on ESPN

TruCatzFan

Agree. I can't stand Casserly. How that guy ever got a GM job is beyond me.

And a bit off topic, we should all acknowledge how professionally Hurney has conducted himself since the draft process started. No matter who we take, he has been first rate with the media and accessible to the fans, and I tip my hat to him.

I totally agree!

Agree. I can't stand Casserly. How that guy ever got a GM job is beyond me.

And a bit off topic, we should all acknowledge how professionally Hurney has conducted himself since the draft process started. No matter who we take, he has been first rate with the media and accessible to the fans, and I tip my hat to him.

Don't take this the wrong way because it isn't directed at you, but I fully expect a lot of people to applaud your post... but I'm going to wonder how many of those very people will curse Hurney if we pass on Cam Newton.

Don't take this the wrong way because it isn't directed at you, but I fully expect a lot of people to applaud your post... but I'm going to wonder how many of those very people will curse Hurney if we pass on Cam Newton.

I will applaud him even more if we do....

No doubt about it! But I think it will be limited to the lunatic fringe either pro or anti Cam.

I would agree' date=' but I would caution one to look past the differences in the offensive system they played in at college. Can Cam learn the offense, yes....will he, I hope so because I'm becoming more and more convinced he's the pick if we can't trade out.....[/quote']

He actually touched on that to.... Too much to correctly rehash in detail. But it seemed like footwork and technique transitioning from a spread offense is the hardest transition.

He was saying that was for people that had been in a spread since high school so their coaches had basically developed them to the point where they were making very complex reads.

Yea... and basically you will teach him the principles of your offense. Basically you talk with the guy, to see if you can get comfortable and believe he can learn and execute these principles.

Yea... and basically you will teach him the principles of your offense. Basically you talk with the guy, to see if you can get comfortable and believe he can learn and execute these principles.

and boy have we certainly talked with a certain someone..

If "The Tuna" Bill Parcells says on his show that Cam Newton is an outstanding QB prospect for the NFL then you should listen to him. I think he has a gut feeling that Cam is going to be a superstar. If the Panthers don't grab Newton it will probably be like an NBA team passing on Michael Jordan when he was coming out of college.

Cam might have had a few issues in college off the field (mainly because of his father), but you cannot say a lot of negative things about what he did ON THE FIELD. The guy is a rare talent. He'll be a nightmare for NFL D-coordinators to deal with. With his running ability and elusiveness in the pocket he'll be a threat on any given play.

At 6'6" and 250 lbs. he should be quite durable too. He shouldn't be running the ball all the time, but when he does he'll probably be the best in the NFL. Don't overlook Cam's passing ability either. He proved he is a good passer last year at Auburn. No doubt about it.

He has more "football IQ" than people think. He's a super confident guy who hates to lose at ANYTHING. He'll work on his game night and day until he's as potent a weapon as he can be on Sundays. Why? He LOVES to get those cheers and accolades from the fans and the game commentators. Ask any Auburn fan. Cam wants to be center of attention and put on a great show every week. He'll bust his butt until he's getting those accolades like he did at Auburn last year. He'll be the hardest working guy on the team ... first to show up at the Panthers facility and the last one to leave ... especially when things aren't going well during the season.

Get Cam the very best QB coach in the business to refine his skills and design an offensive system around him and the sky's the limit. Cam will make Charlotte, NC a major football city in the NFL. Get yer popcorn ready for the 2011 season if Cam is the Panthers QB. Hopefully, the rest of the team will feed off of Cam's talent and confidence and the Panthers will be a perennial playoff team for many years to come.

If "The Tuna" Bill Parcells says on his show that Cam Newton is an outstanding QB prospect for the NFL then you should listen to him. I think he has a gut feeling that Cam is going to be a superstar. If the Panthers don't grab Newton it will probably be like an NBA team passing on Michael Jordan when he was coming out of college.

Cam might have had a few issues in college off the field (mainly because of his father), but you cannot say a lot of negative things about what he did ON THE FIELD. The guy is a rare talent. He'll be a nightmare for NFL D-coordinators to deal with. With his running ability and elusiveness in the pocket he'll be a threat on any given play.

At 6'6" and 250 lbs. he should be quite durable too. He shouldn't be running the ball all the time, but when he does he'll probably be the best in the NFL. Don't overlook Cam's passing ability either. He proved he is a good passer last year at Auburn. No doubt about it.

He has more "football IQ" than people think. He's a super confident guy who hates to lose at ANYTHING. He'll work on his game night and day until he's as potent a weapon as he can be on Sundays. Why? He LOVES to get those cheers and accolades from the fans and the game commentators. Ask any Auburn fan. Cam wants to be center of attention and put on a great show every week. He'll bust his butt until he's getting those accolades like he did at Auburn last year. He'll be the hardest working guy on the team ... first to show up at the Panthers facility and the last one to leave ... especially when things aren't going well during the season.

Get Cam the very best QB coach in the business to refine his skills and design an offensive system around him and the sky's the limit. Cam will make Charlotte, NC a major football city in the NFL. Get yer popcorn ready for the 2011 season if Cam is the Panthers QB. Hopefully, the rest of the team will feed off of Cam's talent and confidence and the Panthers will be a perennial playoff team for many years to come.

Watching Bill Parcells show made me feel alot better about him. If im the Panthers and i feel he is going to help us win and we could build a good football team around him.Then imma take him with the first pick. Like he said you got to or somebody else will.Lolz

He said he likes Cam as a prospect, and he also said several times that if you violate your principles, that's when it comes back to bite you in the ass. He said Cam would be violating mostly all of his principles. Similar to Pat White. Parcells seemed to indicate that there was no QB prospect in this years draft that had prototypical size and met all of his criteria.

Archived