• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton only similar to one successful QB in last 5 years..

TheRealDeal

Really? Someone needs to go back and learn a little more. Mallet didn't even answer or much less talk to his critics. Instead he was shooting up behind the stadium while Cam faced his critics and used his performance on the field to guide people's opinion of him.

We're talking about chalkboard sessions?

Did you see him try and walk through the play with Gruden including his reads and stuff? All the evidence one will ever need.

Sounded like a teenager getting walked in on jerking off.

I did and I thought he did fine given the context of what Gruden was discussing with him. He drew the play, explained that the play would be run as planned if there a single high safety (a sign that he does have some basic knowledge of reading a defense pre-snap), and explain where he would usually go with the ball and why. On the next play he drew, a goalline play, he described what he was looking for out of the secondary and where he would go with the ball if the defenders moved up on the thought of him possibly running. I do agree that it wasn't the greatest description ever, but he did convey what he needed to. This why I don't have the same feeling about Cam picking up an offense that you do.

Ok well, I am doing this on over 100 rushing attempts, because Vick only had 104 not 105. Also, looking at quarterbacks in the last five years really alters the perception, let’s take all the quarterback’s into account.

Every Quarterback that at least threw one pass last year in the NFL

Joe Webb (2009, UAB)- 227 rushing attempts, (2008)- 198

The Golden Calf of Bristol (2009, Florida), 217 rushing attempts, (2007)- 210, (2008)- 176

Stephen McGee (2007, Texas A&M)- 181 rushing attempts, (2006)- 146

Vince Young (2004, Texas), 167 rushing attempts, (2005)- 155, (2003)- 135

Alex Smith (2003, Utah)- 149 rushing attempts, (2004)- 135

Chase Daniel (2006, Missouri)- 147 rushing attempts, (2007)- 109

Kevin Kolb (2003, Houston)- 139 rushing attempts, (2004)- 118, (2006)- 111, (2005)-

Colt McCoy (2008, Texas)- 136 rushing attempts, (2009)- 129, (2007)- 114

Troy Smith (2005, Ohio State)- 136 rushing attempts

Donovan McNabb (1998, Syracuse)- 135 rushing attempts, (1995)- 123, (1997)- 110

David Garrard (2000, ECU)- 135 rushing attempts, (2001)- 116

Tyler Palko (2004, Pittsburgh)- 129 rushing attempts

Jay Cutler (2002, Vanderbilt)- 123 rushing attempts, (2003)- 115, (2004)- 109, (2005)- 106

Drew Stanton (2005, Michigan State)- 121 rushing attempts, (2006)- 110

Ben Roethlisberger (2001, Miami OH)- 120 rushing attempts

Kellen Clemens (2004, Oregon)- 118 rushing attempts

Shaun Hill (2001, Maryland)- 116 rushing attempts

Kyle Orton (2003, Purdue)- 112 rushing attempts

Josh Freeman (2008, Kansas State)- 108 rushing attempts

Caleb Hanie (2008, Colorado State)- 108 rushing attempts

Mark Brunell (1990, Washington)- 105 rushing attempts

Dennis Dixon (2005, Oregon)- 105 rushing attempts

Michael Vick (2000, Virginia Tech)- 104 rushing attempts

Matt Flynn (2007, LSU)- 100 rushing attempts

Four of the quarterback's started on a team that went to the playoff's.

This list is not based on how successful a particular quarterback is. This just goes to show you that there are quarterback's in the NFL that ran the ball at the college level. Now when someone comes back and tells me that none of the quarterback's ran as many times as Newton, my answer will be, "Newton is using a God given talent in speed and agility, if he doesn't use that talent he is only hurting himself. His ability to run the ball and run the ball as successful as he does makes him a legitimate threat."

The higher you go, the younger the guys get. This is indicating the shift from a pocket quarterback to a mobile quarterback in the future of the NFL.

So there you have it.

Note: By the standards of 105 rushing attempts or over equal’s failure, then Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Dalton, and Kaepernick are all going to be failures. The only one that would succeed is the crack head Mallett haha.

Actually it doesn't. Stats can be made to look how you want them to. There is a difference between dual threat QB and Mobile QB. The dual threats like Cam Newton don't make it in the NFL.

Now having mobility is good, but the NFL will never change where its a league of dual threat QB's period. Pocket passers will always prevail.

I did and I thought he did fine given the context of what Gruden was discussing with him. He drew the play, explained that the play would be run as planned if there a single high safety (a sign that he does have some basic knowledge of reading a defense pre-snap), and explain where he would usually go with the ball and why. On the next play he drew, a goalline play, he described what he was looking for out of the secondary and where he would go with the ball if the defenders moved up on the thought of him possibly running. I do agree that it wasn't the greatest description ever, but he did convey what he needed to. This why I don't have the same feeling about Cam picking up an offense that you do.

He didn't make that determination, the coaches did from the sideline. If he would have talked about what they do in cover 2, what happens if they blitz, etc it would been impressive. Mallet's was spectacular and Cam's was pretty terrible. Most high school QBs would have done a better job on the boards.

We're talking about chalkboard sessions?

Where else are you going to here them discuss their individual plays. It sure is heck is not going to be in a private meeting because neither of us our scouts for a professional team.

You are basing all of your flawed comments and arguments off of Gruden's segment, and there is no question that other than Dalton; Newton performed the best followed by Gabbert then Mallet.

Really? Someone needs to go back and learn a little more. Mallet didn't even answer or much less talk to his critics. Instead he was shooting up behind the stadium while Cam faced his critics and used his performance on the field to guide people's opinion of him.

Mallett chose not to address the dip poo media on questions that were pure speculation and bull poo. I love the fact the kid said fug you to the media.

As for as Cam, he hasn't faced anything. I do believe he said something to the effect of 'its in the past and I am only going to talk about the future' or something like it.

Oh and as for as the Gruden thing, Cam is an idiot when it comes to mental aspect of football. Gruden just looked at him like 'you are fuging kidding me' when Cam was him hawing around.

Look I get it, you want some gimmick QB that thrilled you in college and would work in Madden. Those of us that understand football don't want him at all. The kid is going to be a huge bust in the NFL period.

Where else are you going to here them discuss their individual plays. It sure is heck is not going to be in a private meeting because neither of us our scouts for a professional team.

You are basing all of your flawed comments and arguments off of Gruden's segment, and there is no question that other than Dalton; Newton performed the best followed by Gabbert then Mallet.

You really think Newton did better on the chalkboard than Mallett?

Honest to God, are you on fuging crack or just this much of Cam Nuthugger? The kid is a fuging MORON! he had no clue at all wtf Gruden was talking about, hell the kid couldnt even break down 'Play 36'. Jesus, kiss his ass all you want but don't sit here and try to tell us what we fuging saw.

He didn't make that determination, the coaches did from the sideline. If he would have talked about what they do in cover 2, what happens if they blitz, etc it would been impressive. Mallet's was spectacular and Cam's was pretty terrible. Most high school QBs would have done a better job on the boards.

It's Gruden's show and he says Newton had the best performance.

It's hard to argue with the guy that runs the show, huh?

In a teleconference earlier this week, Gruden said Newton was the most impressive of the top quarterback prospects he interviewed and showed good retention of the material they covered.

Argue this. "Cam Hater" or whatever you guys want to call yourselves.

Google should work

google isn't able to find it since it's just a quote and the chat isn't there anymore it's been updated to a more recent one..I guess you can tweet him about it if you want but I know for a fact that he said it.

Archived