• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton only similar to one successful QB in last 5 years..

TheRealDeal

Newton will do absolutely nothing for us for years to come.

Dareus on the other hand will give us 16 games of forcing

turnovers,QB sacks and 3 and outs. How can you pass up

a force on defense for an unknown(bust)quantity??

Smart move would be to play Claussen 1 more year,get Dareus

and if worse comes to worse there are far better QB's coming

out in 2012. I do not want a liar and thief as the Face of my Franchise.

The analogy I used before to compare Vick/Newton's running ability is that Vick runs the ball like Chris Johnson & Newton runs like Adrian Peterson.

Vick might run like Chris Johnson but that means Newton runs like the bus, not AP.

Newton is slow and clunky compared to Vick and takes a while to get going.

Vick might run like Chris Johnson but that means Newton runs like the bus, not AP.

Newton is slow and clunky compared to Vick and takes a while to get going.

It's got to hurt that your favorite team may choose Cam huh? Since you like breaking down poo so much, how about you break down why Cam may be drafted by the Panthers. I would love to hear you break that down.

If we do pick Cam the kid will be on the sidelines until he can learn the playbook which hopefully won't be too long, but with the system switch, it'll take at least a year. Just be patient and take someone next year as we build a foundation for a franchise QB. That's what the Ravens did, the Jets, etc. etc.

And when/if Luck and the other top choices in the '12 qb class have a bad or just an average year, and the media hounds, analysts and scouts rank the more popular of the group as 2nd or 3rd round quality.............. should we be patient and wait another year, for the right qb?

Archived