• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton only similar to one successful QB in last 5 years..

TheRealDeal

How do you feel not knowing the difference between a shotgun formation with multiple receivers and the spread option?

Rich Rod ran a spread option. Auburn does not run an offense based around the spread option. This is not to say they never run spread option stuff, but it is not the primary focus of the offense. Auburn is "a power, counter, inside zone, two-back, play-action team" in Gene Chizik's words. This is not the spread option. Look at tape of a spread option team like WV under RR with Pat White at qb and then compare it to Gus Malzahn's offense. It is not the same thing.

Vick might run like Chris Johnson but that means Newton runs like the bus, not AP.

Newton is slow and clunky compared to Vick and takes a while to get going.

Watch the LSU run.......

He makes a cut and accelerates away from PP7....

How the heck is that slow????? PP has a great angle to stop Newton and bam Newton creates the seperation needed to get the ball in the end zone.

The cam hating.....

:Yawn:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/hot?id=6402184

Anyone thinking he will magically change styles is kidding themselves. More than 2.5x more runs than other successful QBs in the league AND issues throwing the ball!

How do people still doubt him?

Lie lie lie, you need to do you research and stop cheating. The QB that succeed in the NFL come from spread offenses. Look it up, Newton is a winner. Your girl friend come from a pro style and where did that get us? No where. His a much better passer than Vick was when he came out. He reads defenses that's why he has success at running the ball. Stop with the crying and get on board. Newton all the way!!!!!!

Clausen at least knows play design theory and could talk about it like he isn't semi retarded

You rather have a QB that can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. Great! I'm about winning and that is not winning last time I check. Mr. Pro style QB

Who cares as long as he could pronounce it. What good is swag if you don't know what you are talking about.

(Erased borderline inappropriate reenactment of Cam talking about play design)

Ask the SEC do Cam no what he talking about, lol

I knew what he was talking about. Basically he made the D do what he wanted them to do, and that is bite. The kid is a genie, he already have them on their toes. And that my hater pal is swag, lol

Ask the SEC do Cam no what he talking about, lol

I knew what he was talking about. Basically he made the D do what he wanted them to do, and that is bite. The kid is a genie, he already have them on their toes. And that my hater pal is swag, lol

...what the hell did you just say?

ask the sec do cam no what he talking about, lol

i knew what he was talking about. Basically he made the d do what he wanted them to do, and that is bite. the kid is a genie, he already have them on their toes. And that my hater pal is swag, lol

[attach]34583[/attach]

post-7165-133194782687_thumb.gif

Archived