• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st time posting...Carolina's 1st and 3rd Pick

barryjevon

The thing about this draft is that all of these offensive guys are wait and see players. Imo our need is not at DB with Marshall, Gamble, and Munnerlyn. We do need DT help and definitely need QB help. So the decision becomes do we put a face to the franchise and draft a guy with a ton of talent but a lot of risk or do we take a guy with less risk but also less game impact.

Marcel Dareus is not Suh. So expecting him to come in and tear it up bc he killed the workouts is dumb. Its a really tough decision because were essentially signaling defeat for 2011 if we pass on a QB. Maybe that's the right move though...

Thanks BBQ and Beer...

..Im just hoping if Carolina does draft Cam Newton, then they could atleast give Atlanta some payback, after all of the beatings Vick gave us through out the years..

But like I was saying, I was born and raised in Lumberton, North Carolina..Two hours east of Charlotte off of 74...I have been living in Dallas Texas for the past four years...10 minutes away from the New Cowboy Stadium in Arlington....

Do you guys know how, I can listen to Carolina Sports Talk Radio?? Is there a radio station that broadcast online....Im really bored listening to all of the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers talk.

Ugh... no idea, weird since I was a Cowboy fan until 96...

Clausen was really bad and like many I did not like him before we drafted him but having said that i feel he should remain on the roster.I have much more confidence in Moore.I am not very excited about the qb options this year either.

Having said all that there are things the coaches can do to make the system more friendly but JR is going to have to bring in a starting guard and either a starter at tackle or some depth depending on the outcome with Otah.As much as I hate foxball we will need to get our running game better so less pressure is on the qb.I hope we can find a servicible vet qb to compete and help mentoring

Thanks BBQ and Beer...

..Im just hoping if Carolina does draft Cam Newton, then they could atleast give Atlanta some payback, after all of the beatings Vick gave us through out the years..

But like I was saying, I was born and raised in Lumberton, North Carolina..Two hours east of Charlotte off of 74...I have been living in Dallas Texas for the past four years...10 minutes away from the New Cowboy Stadium in Arlington....

Do you guys know how, I can listen to Carolina Sports Talk Radio?? Is there a radio station that broadcast online....Im really bored listening to all of the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers talk.

if you got an android phone,download a free app called tune in radio,then go to charlotte,nc and search for wfnz the fan 610 am. that is how i listen to all the local charlotte radio shows lke the mac attack,frank and moose and the taylor and mark show called the drive

Welcome to the Huddle man!

I dont think Heyward will make it out of the 1st round, he is a great player that can play 2 positions. Sure he had a bad year but he was projected to be a top pick last year but he decided to stay and it backfired on him. His stock fell but I don't see it falling that much. If he was to fall to us in the 3rd then I would love for us to pick him. Even if we drafted a DT in the 1st round.

In all fairness, Jimmy had a TERRIBLE year, but the OL was very bad too. Jimmy had little to no time most plays to even make his reads before he got planted in the dirt. After a while, all those sacks take their toll... I'd say if we draft Cam Newton, Rivera should give ALL of our QB's a legitimate chance to start. It is about time we have REAL competition in camp, practice, whenever. #1 pick or not, if Cam Newton is not better than Jimmy, play Jimmy. Play whoever is best and everything will happen the way it's gonna happen.

But if we draft Cam and start him just because he was the #1 pick and has all this hype, I'll seriously question Rivera. But Rivera has done nothing to make me suspect that he won't be fair in his evaluation of our QB's this offseason.

What happened to post requirements?

I really don't think it should matter how many posts you have. Is your # of posts really an indication of your knowledge of football, the Panthers, or the NFL? I am familiar with the alleged 100 post requirement, but that's not necessarily a good filtering method.

Archived