• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st time posting...Carolina's 1st and 3rd Pick

barryjevon

I have been a fan since 1993, when it was annouced that Carolina would get a pro team...I have been an outsider looking in and this is my first post..I been living in Dallas for the past four years, and I dont have the NFL ticket so I really didnt get a chance to see Jimmy Clausen play..

I have few questions for the fans....

Are you guys really wanting to give up on Jimmy Clausen so easily?? Yes, this was a miserable season...and has been miserable since the Arizona playoff game...I think JC should a second chance.. Do you think the Atlanta Falcons regret trading away Farve after one year?? What about Aikman and the Cowboys in the early 90's. The Cowboys won 1 game that whole year, but Jerry Jones stuck with him..and won 3 superbowls within 4 years...(ofcourse they drafted Emmit the following year)

But what if they use the 1st overall pick on Newton and he is slightly better than Clausen?? WOuld you be calling for his head and be willing to spend another 1st round draft pick on Andrew Luck?? That would be 3 first picks on QBs in 3 years if that were too happen...something to think about..

Also, I would like your opinions on the Panthers third round pick...Do you think Cameron Heyward, DE from OHIO STATE will fall to Carolina??

jkjkjk

As far as clausen goes, many on here never wanted him to begin with (myself and TheRealDeal seem to be the loudest to voice this opinion) so when we picked him, we were less than thrilled. I had no hope that Clausen could amount to anything in the league before the draft, and after watching him play, I feel validated in my beliefs. Watching him play, there was absolutely no improvement from game to game, from start one to start 10 with clausen. He was so ridiculously horrible that we are even contemplating taking a QB again.

we didn't expect Clausen to fall to us in the second so hurney didn't do his due diligence on him like he should have. we then found out why 31 teams before us passed on him, some even twice.

as far as the D-Line goes, we need to address that, but i think we can get 1 solid rookie in the 3rd round and then grab a FA and we would be solid at d-line. We need QB help something fierce and each year we wait, the longer it will take to develop a good one. we will most likely draft either cam newton or blaine gabbert and then sign a vet if they decide moore is no good. the QB depth chart will most likely look like:

1- Vet/Moore

2- Clausen/Pike

3- Rookie

The only hope I have personally for Clausen is that he has a great training camp/preseason (assuming there is one) under a new coaching staff and shows great improvement from last year. I think this could happen given the terrible position he was drafted into (lame duck coach, horrible offensive coordinator, etc). But at the same time, his experience might have been so terrible that it may have ruined him for good. fwiw

I agree with both of your statements Cracka McNasty and Jerry... Mel Kiper was speaking so highly of Clausen last year...that Hurney pretty much had no other choice but to draft a QB...it was down to Clausen and McCoy...Im just hoping with a new coaching staff, he will get a chance to improve...

My top four picks are Peterson, Dareus, Green and Newton in no order...but it is ricidulous to spend another pick on a QB...They drafted three last year..lol

I would love to see Smith finally getting help, if Green was drafted..He has been doing it on his own for the past 8 years...'

And as for Gabbert, (living in Big 12 country) he wasnt talked about at all last year..He stock rosed after Luck decided to stay in school

The average message board fan generally calls for a quarterback to be benched after his first bad pass, After his first interception, it's "cut him" :sosp:

Clausen wasn't my choice (didn't want a QB at all) but I got behind the idea. By mid-season, I thought he was developing okay but he regressed to the point I was no longer certain.

Still, I don't see the team kicking him to the curb just yet.

As to the others, I don't want any QB this draft either (want a free agent) and no on Heyward dropping. There's talk he might be a bit of a workout wonder anyway.

Welcome to the forums! Allow me to explain how things work here.....

BLARG!!!_____________NOOB!____________ Cam Newton!___________Fox_____________________!

Jherico!_________________ZOD!!!_________ Mother__________________________Kittens!_________________Battle Star___________________Vanessa Blue!________________ Saltman!____________ BOJANGLES!!!_________________420!____ ________________________Racist?_________________Hugger!!!

(all blanks are filled in by Baker's Bourbon... Baker's, WTF?)

Thanks BBQ and Beer...

..Im just hoping if Carolina does draft Cam Newton, then they could atleast give Atlanta some payback, after all of the beatings Vick gave us through out the years..

But like I was saying, I was born and raised in Lumberton, North Carolina..Two hours east of Charlotte off of 74...I have been living in Dallas Texas for the past four years...10 minutes away from the New Cowboy Stadium in Arlington....

Do you guys know how, I can listen to Carolina Sports Talk Radio?? Is there a radio station that broadcast online....Im really bored listening to all of the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers talk.

Thanks BBQ and Beer...

..Im just hoping if Carolina does draft Cam Newton, then they could atleast give Atlanta some payback, after all of the beatings Vick gave us through out the years..

But like I was saying, I was born and raised in Lumberton, North Carolina..Two hours east of Charlotte off of 74...I have been living in Dallas Texas for the past four years...10 minutes away from the New Cowboy Stadium in Arlington....

Do you guys know how, I can listen to Carolina Sports Talk Radio?? Is there a radio station that broadcast online....Im really bored listening to all of the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers talk.

that sucks. I use to live in McKinney before the panthers existed. that was back when I was raised a skins fan.

good times giving the cowboy fans poo... gooooooood times...

Welcome to the forums! Allow me to explain how things work here.....

BLARG!!!_____________NOOB!____________ Cam Newton!___________Fox_____________________!

Jherico!_________________ZOD!!!_________ Mother__________________________Kittens!_________________Battle Star___________________Vanessa Blue!________________ Saltman!____________ BOJANGLES!!!_________________420!____ ________________________Racist?_________________Hugger!!!

(all blanks are filled in by Baker's Bourbon... Baker's, WTF?)

You forgot SmokeScreen:D

Archived