• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Cam Newton a star in the making or a scrub?

Tarheels23

Star imo he could be like a LeBron from a star standpoint he's the only guy in this draft that I could see going to a small market team and making them relevant..

It all depends on how the person you draft turns out. look what peyton manning did for the colts. they were nothing before him.

drew brees in NO

philip rivers in SD

doesn't matter where your team is, if your QB is good, you will get exposure.

Is Cam Newton a star in the making or a scrub?

Yes.

one thing is for sure, Hurney's ass is on the line right now. if he fugs this up, his ass is hitting the streets.

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sold on that.

I could see Hurney staying and the college scouting department getting "reorganized".

Yes.

I could see Hurney staying and the college scouting department getting "reorganized".

I could see the entire FO get "reorganized" if he fails to produce winners. Yeah the coach has to coach the guys into studs, but the GM has to find the right guys for the job, and he has been doing a less than stellar job of that over the last few years. me thinks blowing this first overall pick when you have your choice of anyone in the draft could mean his job.

With Mark Richardson out and team president Danny Morrison being primarily (as I understand it) focused on the business side of things, Marty Hurney is for all intents and purposes the god of football operations in Charlotte.

If this season is a failure, he'll be the man mostly responsible. Of course, "the man mostly responsible" and "the man who takes the fall" often aren't the same guy.

I don't blame him for none of them picks. Tim downfall was injuries he was very talented. Anybody remebers the Redskin game where he could have went for 200 yards in the 1st half?

Then you can't blame Polian for Kerry. Kerry hurt Kerry he would be near HOFamer if he could have kept himself out of trouble and off the bottle when he was younger.

Both player were good picks you can't predict how injuries and maturity will happen.

talk like cave man

Yes.

I don't really see that. We really don't know what the scouts say to the management, we only see what decisions the management makes. Unless you are suggesting that management passes off any poor decisions on the scouts?

Archived