• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have all the power now.

Cyclonus

Pep has two aces up his sleeve...

1. He's set for money. He turned down a contract before the season that would have made him the highest paid defensive player ever.

2. He can always play in the NBA for a year. He wouldn't be a star, but talented bigs are like left handed pitchers...always in demand.

It will be interesting if the Panthers don't find a dance partner. Considering Pepp has narrowed the choices, there's a chance that he will be back next year.

So, let's say he's a Panther after the draft. Spring practice comes along - still a Panther. THAT is where things will get interesting. If he holds out, he solidifies the fan base against him. If he chooses to play and causes hate and discontent (which is very un-Peppers like, regardless of what has transpired within the last month), then his year here will be hell.

BUT, if he attends spring practice, toes the company line and generally says/does all the right things, I think the fans will be on his side when the season starts.

Lots of things can and will happen between now and then.

He is still in a very good position....IMO

Pep has to agree to, the team he is traded to, and the terms that said team will offer him.

We have a little more leverage, but not as much as most on here would like.

F him. Give him the Jenkins treatment. Jenks played well that last year he did not want to be here.

ya - and like briggs, he might like what the new D-cord is doing and want to stay....

:rolleyes:I think he knows what any Fox DC is going to do.....95% of the time rush the front 4 and try not to give up the big play in the secondary.

It will be interesting if the Panthers don't find a dance partner. Considering Pepp has narrowed the choices, there's a chance that he will be back next year.

So, let's say he's a Panther after the draft. Spring practice comes along - still a Panther. THAT is where things will get interesting. If he holds out, he solidifies the fan base against him. If he chooses to play and causes hate and discontent (which is very un-Peppers like, regardless of what has transpired within the last month), then his year here will be hell.

BUT, if he attends spring practice, toes the company line and generally says/does all the right things, I think the fans will be on his side when the season starts.

Lots of things can and will happen between now and then.

If he plays, and I don't know that we can afford for that to happen, he will come to the workouts, and probably put up another great year. And we will go through all of this again next offseason.

I need to do some research before I state this, but we may have other players that we would have to tag, if we can't trade pep, and he could walk.

Archived