• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have all the power now.

Cyclonus

If they can't find a trade that is to their liking, they can give Peppers the Lance Briggs treatment. Play here or don't play. Peppers isn't stupid. He's not going to sit on his couch and not get paid. If it comes down to it, he'll play. If he decides to slack, he'll only hurt his stock. He'll be right back in the same situation next off-season and he'll be one year older. He can play all the games he wants, but at this point if the Panthers play hardball he's hosed!

A 29 year old has to play. He sits a year, he costs himself millions...probably tens of millions. We have all the cards but I still think that the FO will not be fully stubborn. If a reasonable deal is offered, they will jump to avoid the whole headache even if it means settling for 80-90% of what they think he is worth.

A 29 year old has to play. He sits a year, he costs himself millions...probably tens of millions. We have all the cards but I still think that the FO will not be fully stubborn. If a reasonable deal is offered, they will jump to avoid the whole headache even if it means settling for 80-90% of what they think he is worth.

I agree. He MUST play hard. If he stayed on for the franchise tender it would be a contract year all over again for him. I do think they'll trade him. But he doesn't have the leverage that he had yesterday.

He is still in a very good position....IMO

Pep has to agree to, the team he is traded to, and the terms that said team will offer him.

We have a little more leverage, but not as much as most on here would like.

And if he won't agree to a trade, then he's stuck here. At this point he's powerless. The only thing working in his favor is the $17 million cap hit.

I've gotta agree with some of the other guys. With the crap he's pulled off the field, having him forced to play the 09 season would be detrimental to the team. No one wants to play alongside a guy who desperately wants out.

I do NOT want to see him in a Panthers uniform ever again.

Archived