• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Against all options, Newton makes most sense for Carolina

Tarheels23

May not ever post, nor make my voice heard... but I do follow this board very closely, as well as all panther related news. Have for over a decade, however I'm sure this will just be trashed for being the "new guy" because I don't post on a message board all day. Anywhooo... the bias and flat out fantasy world you live in to say that this article doesn't make sense in basically all facets is just staggering. This franchise, us as fans, anyone that remotely gives two hoots about the panthers needs HOPE for this team and a reason to be excited soooo much more than a steady DT or any defensive players half you NFL couch gurus claim. The John Fox era of mediocrity is OVER, and I for one am embracing and looking forward to the change... and if that means Cam Newton, SO BE IT!

Gah, who's the new guy. :D

maybe it's me being an anti-qb jerk but I just don't see how a rookie helps us win now.

sure, in the future. but now?

A rookie will never help you win now. Drafting a QB #1 doesn't mean he has to start immediately either. We'll sign a vet who can step in if he's not ready. But I'm feeling he'll be put in the fire soon especially if we can get by on run game and D.

Can you honestly say, with a straight face I might add... that having someone like Newton out there would not make the team better than having Jimmy Clausen getting knocked to the ground by a strong gust of wind? I need to watch my team play and not know as soon as they line up what play is being run AS WELL AS what is going to happen when they hike it. I need to have faith in my team's QB that he is capable of making something happen. Nobody on the roster, nor in FA (that i am aware of), offers that.

It wasn't exactly Clausen's fault that the entire fuging world knew what we were doing before we hiked the ball.

That being said, I may be in the minority, but I'm not certain that Newton starting out of the gate would be an upgrade over Clausen, let alone Moore.

I'd agree, but we have folks who think they can guarantee "he can't be worse than Clausen".

That's not guaranteed.

True. Little in life is but everyone is entitled to there opinion I wish the majority of posters on here would realize that.

There is no guarantee about anything in life. Not saying he is, one way or another. I can guarantee you that having Jimmy Clausen run the ship is going to go down faster than the Titanic... wait... that already happened. You may not like the guy, but all he has done is WIN. everywhere. Now to really throw a curveball, what about halfway through the season, everyone is bitching and moaning about no media exposure blah blah blah. Then next season's schedule comes out... what? no prime time games AGAIN?? But our shiny new #1 pick DT had 2 sacks last year! What gives!! The chance for this team to become relevant is literally sitting there smacking us in the face and some just dont want it...

I think If you go QB you go Gabbert or Mallet, however if it were me I would go Dareus and give Clausen 1 more year in a real offensive system. If you get no success draft a higher rated QB next year. Jones, Luck, and the USC kid are probably better options than the QB's this year.

Archived