• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Against all options, Newton makes most sense for Carolina

Tarheels23

I'm fine with drafting Newton and enduring his growing pains but winning matters more. The casual fans who will really become excited are the ones who will turn on Newton first if he fails.

They better be drafting him because he can help us win.

maybe it's me being an anti-qb jerk but I just don't see how a rookie helps us win now.

sure, in the future. but now?

May not ever post, nor make my voice heard... but I do follow this board very closely, as well as all panther related news. Have for over a decade, however I'm sure this will just be trashed for being the "new guy" because I don't post on a message board all day. Anywhooo... the bias and flat out fantasy world you live in to say that this article doesn't make sense in basically all facets is just staggering. This franchise, us as fans, anyone that remotely gives two hoots about the panthers needs HOPE for this team and a reason to be excited soooo much more than a steady DT or any defensive players half you NFL couch gurus claim. The John Fox era of mediocrity is OVER, and I for one am embracing and looking forward to the change... and if that means Cam Newton, SO BE IT!

I'm fine with drafting Newton and enduring his growing pains but winning matters more. The casual fans who will really become excited are the ones who will turn on Newton first if he fails.

They better be drafting him because he can help us win.

So your okay with Netwon growing pains but heaven forbid Clausen has some growing pains in the worst offensive system in modern football history with no coaching help and he should definitely get thrown away.. makes no sense to me.

I'm not for drafting anybody based on the notion that they "give the fans hope".

All I care about is if they make the team better.

Which I believe Newton would do. Enough to be the 1st overall pick? I really don't know. I'm just glad its not my decision.

Can you honestly say, with a straight face I might add... that having someone like Newton out there would not make the team better than having Jimmy Clausen getting knocked to the ground by a strong gust of wind? I need to watch my team play and not know as soon as they line up what play is being run AS WELL AS what is going to happen when they hike it. I need to have faith in my team's QB that he is capable of making something happen. Nobody on the roster, nor in FA (that i am aware of), offers that.

Archived