• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the guys who want Newton

TheRealDeal

He needs a lot of work, but I think he has more upside than any other QB in the Draft.

As for his immature ways and red flags, I guarantee a one Mr. Beason and a one Mr. Smith will do their best to knock some sense into the young kid. Yes, that doesn't mean it'll click, but if it does and Cam grows up, we could have a star on our hands.

Someone the other day asked what Moore has that Cam does not. It may have been TRD actually. I reponded with, what does Gabbert have that Moore does not? THAT answer is "nothing". We may as will let Moore have at it, or throw Jimmy back out there if we aren't taking Cam. None of the Draft QBs have any more of a future here as Moore does...other than Newton and his potential. Draft him, sit him, groom him and struggle this year. Or, don't draft him and try again next year with the best QB as Moore/Clausen struggle this season. Either way...it's going to be another long year since trades for guys like Orton are off the table.

Someone the other day asked what Moore has that Cam does not. It may have been TRD actually. I reponded with, what does Gabbert have that Moore does not? THAT answer is "nothing". We may as will let Moore have at it, or throw Jimmy back out there if we aren't taking Cam. None of the Draft QBs have any more of a future here as Moore does...other than Newton and his potential. Draft him, sit him, groom him and struggle this year. Or, don't draft him and try again next year with the best QB as Moore/Clausen struggle this season. Either way...it's going to be another long year since trades for guys like Orton are off the table.

Fug off it was Panthro trolling. I didn't even respond to the question because I don't have enough time to list all the things Moore does better than Cam

Can't you guys understand,no QB will help us with

the team we are fielding now. We have to start building around

a solid foudation. We need to get tough on defense and Dareus

will help us to do that. We are still about 2 to 3 years from making any playoffs. Be patient grasshoppers.

Newton as the "Face of the Franchise"is a joke.

Who wants a known thief,liar and a cheat to run our team??

You might but I don't. There are better players available at #1.

Sailor Jerry

Can't you guys understand,no QB will help us with

the team we are fielding now. We have to start building around

a solid foudation. We need to get tough on defense and Dareus

will help us to do that. We are still about 2 to 3 years from making any playoffs. Be patient grasshoppers.

Newton as the "Face of the Franchise"is a joke.

Who wants a known thief,liar and a cheat to run our team??

You might but I don't. There are better players available at #1.

Sailor Jerry

Not really, there are equal prospects at other positions. They all have serious question marks.

Dareus - Has he hit his ceiling already???? If not, then how high is that Ceiling???? Is it what you saw in college is what you get for his career???? Can he do the same thing in the Nfl where the linemen are faster and stronger then in College...

PP - Hip fluidity when back pedalling, Football IQ and Can he play in a complex zone defense..

AJ Green - Combine speed and drill results and IQ... football smarts.. He's going to take a while to develope most likely, unless he's eased into things very gradually.

The rating for him and Jones are closer then most think. I actually have Jones rated higher and wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals choose Jones and Green drop to the 10th spot.

Who is wade? Apparently I make his dick hard

It's funny how not one person thinks he will transition seamlessly into the NFL but everyone who doesn't want him is labeled as a hater.

This thread illustrates that even those that do want him think he's raw but the difference is they think he will work out eventually and those who don't want him simply don't.

Archived