• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the guys who want Newton

TheRealDeal

Why do you want him?

1: You realize he is raw and has too much potential to pass up

2: You think he is polished and will translate seamlessly into the NFL

3: You think our team needs some excitement and he is an exciting player

4: He's a National Champ and Heisman winner

5: You think he will translate seamlessly to the NFL and has potential to change the position forever

6: We just need ANYONE at QB in the draft because we have the #1 overall pick

That's a bit of a strange response. It's just a question. I wanted to know why people want him. To each his own though

I was J/K I'm still pissed about not understanding your jersey question. I've researched and researched and I've found nothing.

Because our QBs are Clausen and Pike. Maybe Moore gets another chance to choke, underwhelm and disappoint, but we can't count on that until we actually get a Free Agency period.

Best FA options are Billy "the backup" Volek and McNabb's pale shadow.

I mean, we could take a shot at Newton or Gabbert and try to fix ourselves or I guess we could draft Peterson or Dareus and just wildcat all year and hope we don't drive Luck back to school. Again.

His upside.

He's athletic, got NFL QB size and weight, a strong arm.

Also his arm and his ability to throw the deep ball will fit perfectly into the system that Chud is bringing to the Panthers.

He's raw for sure, needs to work on his footwork and route timing and the things all rookie players need to work on. However, he's shown the ability to improve in a short amount of time and that leads me to believe that he has the work ethic to succeed in the NFL at the QB spot.

Archived