• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riley: Don't count out Moore

TheRealDeal

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/12/2136576/lockout-could-help-moore.html#ixzz1JtQiILgk

Riley is one of the best coaches in college football and is one of the most respected in all of football. We should definitely take his opinion on Moore to the bank and not count him out.

Im going to say what you said about the coaches that had something positive to say about Newton and actually coached him...yea thats a real unbiased opinion there :rolleyes: ....TRD you are so full of sh**.

My understanding is that MM is tendered so that means he's on the team right?

Anyways we need to bring him back he's was the only QB to do anything or show any competence last season. He's got the tools he should get a chance with the new staff just as much as Clausen.

Again he was a 3-4 year vet(in the same system with the same coaches) and every other QB on the roster was a rookie. He was supposed to show competence. The fact that he didn't show enough was the problem not that the rookies didn't show any. Last years team was his and before people talk about him being injuried or fox pulling him too early. It is also fact that he was the starting QB (the one who got the most reps) on the 1st team too not score a offensive TD in the preseason. MM started feeling the pressure way before the 1st game of the reg. season.

Again he was a 3-4 year vet(in the same system with the same coaches) and every other QB on the roster was a rookie. He was supposed to show competence. The fact that he didn't show enough was the problem not that the rookies didn't show any. Last years team was his and before people talk about him being injuried or fox pulling him too early. It is also fact that he was the starting QB (the one who got the most reps) on the 1st team too not score a offensive TD in the preseason. MM started feeling the pressure way before the 1st game of the reg. season.

Moore was not given the confidence a starter should have. lol the team was not his at all. It was more like "Here you can start until you fug up once and then we'll pull you". He can hardly be called a vet, that's like saying he has no upside which is not true.

He did feel the pressure too early. But he had a lot more riding on the season than Clausen.

My understanding is that MM is tendered so that means he's on the team right?

Anyways we need to bring him back he's was the only QB to do anything or show any competence last season. He's got the tools he should get a chance with the new staff just as much as Clausen.

As much as anyone else on the team is at this point.

I have little doubt he'll be taken to camp. Hurney talks about Moore a lot in interviews and radio, and all you'll ever hear him say regarding negatives is that Moore got injured. If he were nothing but an afterthought, there'd be no reason for Hurney to ever even mention him, much less offer him a contract.

kind of a side topic on matt moore: has he started throwing again?

I believe I read that he has, but I'm not dead certain.

Moore got a concussion in week 1 and hardly played at all in 2010.....a couple bad quarters doesn't define him when the bulk of his work in a Panther uniform speaks otherwise. It would probably take Jimmy 5 years to make the number of plays Moore did in a scattered hanful of quarters in 2010. It ain't like he ever looked like Jimmy Clausen over the span of 10 straight starts.

Im going to say what you said about the coaches that had something positive to say about Newton and actually coached him...yea thats a real unbiased opinion there :rolleyes: ....TRD you are so full of sh**.

Actually, I think that was the point he was trying to make (regarding coaches and bias).

"He was just as cool as he could be, and he played well"

This was a false statement.

Learn to read.

if last year was moore playing cool under pressure, i'd hate to see him rattled...moore felt the pressure and it showed...i still would rather have him at QB over pickles if we don't draft a QB

See comment above

"...and he played well." What part of throwing an INT every other pass is playing well?

See both comments above

LOL wait you mean there is another thread here where the college coach says good things about his former player? I thought this was somehow news.

kind of a side topic on matt moore: has he started throwing again?

Yes

Its ok, you're still my boy ;)

You damn Clausen Fanboy

TRD starting a Moore thread is about as shocking/useful as KT bringing up Warren Moon. Everyone here is starting to get too repetitive, let's branch out from one-track minds.

Draft Locker!!1!!111

the only thing worse than therealdeal posting is therealdeal creating a thread

I wish Panthro was here to defend me against all the posters calling me out. Will I get a warning for calling Panthro out?

Pathro, where are you Panthro? Panthro?

On a side note, there have been maybe 4-5 people that understand this thread

Moore was not given the confidence a starter should have. lol the team was not his at all. It was more like "Here you can start until you fug up once and then we'll pull you". He can hardly be called a vet, that's like saying he has no upside which is not true.

He did feel the pressure too early. But he had a lot more riding on the season than Clausen.

He was bad in the preseason also!!! Does that have any meaning??? Try as hard as you can too forget that fact. He was the starting QB. He got the most reps then any other QB at TC and in the 4 preseason games. We were the 1st team too not score a Offensive TD in 4 preaseason games. No matter how you try too block that out your mind it happen. MM was not only judge for his bad play in the 1st game but the 4 preseason games leading up to it.

Archived