• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riley: Don't count out Moore

TheRealDeal

Speaking of consistency, how about practicing what you preach, man. Clausen consistently sucked because he had a bad first-ever start against CIN, a solid game at NO and crap vs CHI? Moore somehow is able to defecate the bed all preseason, show no improvement or good decision-making and he gets a pass? It's one thing to prove me wrong, it's another to downplay one group of facts, talk about how the entire preseason/camp is akin to one game and then tell me to come harder. Bring some real ammunition, not Hart HS pep rally-worthy blind optimism about Moore.

I've consistently said I thought Clausen sucked before he stepped foot on an NFL football field so why do I need to watch it unfold to reaffirm my belief.

You talked about consistently like he's done these things all his career when that simply isn't the case. You talk about Preseason like that somehow weighs more than his career up to that point even though he basically had no DWill, no Stew, no Smith, no Otah, and a misfit cast of receivers all trying to earn spots.

He played bad against NYG but that doesn't mean that he has consistently made those mistakes throughout his career. In fact, it was the opposite. He had shown very good ball security and very good decision making previously.

So now you have two sets of facts and you have to look and see WHY things turned out how they did.

In 2007-2009 he had a solid running game and a good defense to help him out. In 2010 he had none of that plus a coach who didn't care and likely didn't have control over personnel decisions, a fan base clamoring for the LeBron James of football to take over, and a concussion.

You are allowed to think of Moore the way you want. I personally weigh what happened prior to last season more than I weigh last season, for many reasons.

your're right, I forgot. AE knocked up a pass and then I think he made one of those endzone throws that a QB has to make in that scenario despite the high odds of getting picked. I had no issue his play in that game....I had forgetten after I was amazed the D did all that and Clausen couldn't get anything done.

He threw it behind AE crossing the middle. That was his fault it was a bad throw.

I've consistently said I thought Clausen sucked before he stepped foot on an NFL football field so why do I need to watch it unfold to reaffirm my belief.

You talked about consistently like he's done these things all his career when that simply isn't the case. You talk about Preseason like that somehow weighs more than his career up to that point even though he basically had no DWill, no Stew, no Smith, no Otah, and a misfit cast of receivers all trying to earn spots.

He played bad against NYG but that doesn't mean that he has consistently made those mistakes throughout his career. In fact, it was the opposite. He had shown very good ball security and very good decision making previously.

So now you have two sets of facts and you have to look and see WHY things turned out how they did.

In 2007-2009 he had a solid running game and a good defense to help him out. In 2010 he had none of that plus a coach who didn't care and likely didn't have control over personnel decisions, a fan base clamoring for the LeBron James of football to take over, and a concussion.

You are allowed to think of Moore the way you want. I personally weigh what happened prior to last season more than I weigh last season, for many reasons.

Your opinion of Moore doesn't have an affect on mine, ergo it doesn't really matter to me so much as I enjoy the banter. I've seen Moore play a lot. I've seen Newton play a lot. I like what I've seen from one more than the other, now that's pro vs college for sure and I factor that in as such.

But when it comes to Moore being counted out as a starter, I'm in that camp. I just don't like what I see when it comes to him being a starting QB in this league. I know he's a good person, and I think he has good qualities but is a Delhomme Lite, and the franchise needs to find someone better than someone in Delhomme's realm.

Your opinion of Moore doesn't have an affect on mine, ergo it doesn't really matter to me so much as I enjoy the banter. I've seen Moore play a lot. I've seen Newton play a lot. I like what I've seen from one more than the other, now that's pro vs college for sure and I factor that in as such.

But when it comes to Moore being counted out as a starter, I'm in that camp. I just don't like what I see when it comes to him being a starting QB in this league. I know he's a good person, and I think he has good qualities but is a Delhomme Lite, and the franchise needs to find someone better than someone in Delhomme's realm.

Good Post.

That's fine but to say Moore "consistently" did those things was just wrong. I understand it helped prove your point and reinforced your opinion of Moore but your choice of words was poor.

I never said he consistently had the problems prior to last year but it began to be a recurring issue throughout the preseason and ceased to improve as the season went on in the games of which he was part. In the League a majority of guys like that don't get another crack at a starting job when they perform like that at a time when we all agree the team was his.

Moore had the team with a target on his back. The team had his back but the staff was just itching at the chance to pull him for Clausen.

Dude should have been starting since ARZ playoff game. He had no chance at beating Jake because no one was allowed to.

Jake wasn't on the team in the 09'-10' season. WTF are you talking about???

How long have you been a fan? You have made alot of false statement in this thread.

Most reps in TC play with the 1st team all preseason and starter 1st game. All reason to believe it was his team.

His legs were cut out before he was given a chance to stand.

Moore had the team with a target on his back. The team had his back but the staff was just itching at the chance to pull him for Clausen.

Dude should have been starting since ARZ playoff game. He had no chance at beating Jake because no one was allowed to.

I think the FO was itching to start Clausen, not the staff. From what I've gathered, they were mighty upset at having to play the Jimmy but it wasn't ultimately their call.

How long have you been a fan? You have made alot of false statement in this thread.

Since when are football seasons considered stretched across two years? This isn't basketball.

Last season was the 2010 season. Jake was here in 2009. He was not in 2010.

Wow do you read in fragments or what? I was clearly referring to when Jake was on the team in since the ARZ playoff game disaster.

I think the FO was itching to start Clausen, not the staff. From what I've gathered, they were mighty upset at having to play the Jimmy but it wasn't ultimately their call

I know that's what Gantt has said as of late but we've also heard how Fox didn't like Moore's calmness. Because he wasn't the "rajun cajun" type. Regardless the support wasnt there.

After a horrible preseason followed by a bad game in NYG. He should call himself lucky Jeff lewis didn't make it out of preseason.

I think the FO was itching to start Clausen, not the staff. From what I've gathered, they were mighty upset at having to play the Jimmy but it wasn't ultimately their call.

Matt gave them no reason too keep him in. Philly FO wanted Kolb too be the QB of the future. He got hurt Vick kept him out now he is on the trading block. Maybe if Matt played like he did in the end of 09' the team would have no choice but too keep him in. Short story he didn't.

Since when are football seasons considered stretched across two years? This isn't basketball.

Since the superbowl is played in a different year then the start of the reg. season. Or do we play the superbowl in DEC.

Last season was the 2010 season. Jake was here in 2009. He was not in 2010.

Jake was here in 2009 and he never played a game in 2010. But the season didn't end till 2010. Only MLB Baseball is played in 1 calender year. Both Pro basketball and Football play their championships and some or most of their playoffs in different years. I know the west coast isn't that far behind.

Archived