• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riley: Don't count out Moore

TheRealDeal

Just remember, Hurney and others have brought Moore up a ton, about as much as Clausen. Null has only been brought up... very rarely..

Moore is getting more talk than any of our other FAs, so I think we're likely to keep him. You don't just let good backups walk, even if you don't think they can be "elite" players.

but realistically, when Clausen is technically your #1 QB......any QB that can be tied to Carolina is going to be talked about by everyone. I mean, there is no reason not to talk about any QB that has been or could be in a Panther uniform.

Moore had all of camp to show he deserved to run the team. All of preseason as well. To say a concussion was the main reason he had awful pocket presence, tossed up lollipops in the endzone against NYG (and he didn't "find" Smith a lot, unless Smith moved to CB) is pretty ignorant. I guess while we're in the business of making stupid excuses, Clausen's struggles were because of his toe injury, and since he played hurt he clearly deserves the job. See what I did there? Switch a name and an injury, and that argument is still invalid.

Matt Moore does not have what it takes to be a standout NFL quarterback. Standout quarterbacks do not make the kind of mistakes he makes on a consistent basis. Those are: missing open receivers, jittery feet in the pocket, a lack of understanding for throwing to a spot, and others.

TRD, I know that if he starts next year and throws 26 INT, there will promptly be 26 different excuses made for him. I get you love the guy. But what some of us see here is 1) a blatant disregard for accepting being incorrect in any situation, 2) an incessant need to tout yourself over others on a message board which directly conflicts with your recurring need to tell everyone how awesome you are and how dumb they are, and 3) Cam Newton.

/story

but realistically, when Clausen is technically your #1 QB......any QB that can be tied to Carolina is going to be talked about by everyone. I mean, there is no reason not to talk about any QB that has been or could be in a Panther uniform.

that doesn't make a ton of sense.

Moore was given a tender - which was actually a raise from his last, so the idea it was "just a formality" or whatever seems a bit premature.

He is the name Hurney brings up the second most, behind Jimmy Clausen, and only just behind Clausen.

Rivera talks about Moore a decent amount too.

I think he's likely to be on the team, especially the more time that elapses between now and a CBA.

So when Hurney talks good about Newton it means we are drafting him but when he compliments Moore it means he is just being nice?

Well that logic dictates that the inverse must also be true. So when Hurney has nice thing to say about Moore that they basically mean as much as his nice words about Cam.

Well that logic dictates that the inverse must also be true. So when Hurney has nice thing to say about Moore that they basically mean as much as his nice words about Cam.

the difference being that Cam hasn't been a Panther yet and hasn't just received a raise from the Panthers...

Still don't think either are 'smoke screens.'

that doesn't make a ton of sense.

Moore was given a tender - which was actually a raise from his last, so the idea it was "just a formality" or whatever seems a bit premature.

He is the name Hurney brings up the second most, behind Jimmy Clausen, and only just behind Clausen.

Rivera talks about Moore a decent amount too.

I think he's likely to be on the team, especially the more time that elapses between now and a CBA.

what doesn't make sense is people thinking Moore/Clausen/Pike is what Rivera is going to do.

Rivera does a lot of PC talk. I would be shocked if we had 2 of those 3 are on the active roster come week 1.

2 are coming off injury. 2 don't fit the scheme. 2 have never done squat. It just isn't a fearsome trio. They are weak enough that Rivera will look elsewhere.....

what doesn't make sense is people thinking Moore/Clausen/Pike is what Rivera is going to do.

Rivera does a lot of PC talk. I would be shocked if we had 2 of those 3 are on the active roster come week 1.

2 are coming of injury. 2 don't fit the scheme. 2 have never done squat. It just isn't a fearsome trio. They are weak enough that Rivera will look elsewhere.

I don't think "Moore Clausen Pike" is what Rivera is going to do. However, you seem to think you only bring 3 QBs to camp. I expect us to bring 4.

To the other bits..

1) They are coming off of injuries. One was a former starter, and if nothing else, a great backup. The other is an untested late round rookie that might be done.

2) We have no idea if they fit the scheme. Frankly, if what he ran in CLE is any indication, Clausen has the capability to run this offense if he has the capability to run any offense. I'm not sure why people think he can't. But Moore is better suited for it. I don't know that Pike can run anything.

3) We're not going to have a "fearsome trio," unless we bring in someone like Palmer.

I don't think "Moore Clausen Pike" is what Rivera is going to do. However, you seem to think you only bring 3 QBs to camp. I expect us to bring 4.

To the other bits..

1) They are coming off of injuries. One was a former starter, and if nothing else, a great backup. The other is an untested late round rookie that might be done.

2) We have no idea if they fit the scheme. Frankly, if what he ran in CLE is any indication, Clausen has the capability to run this offense if he has the capability to run any offense. I'm not sure why people think he can't. But Moore is better suited for it. I don't know that Pike can run anything.

3) We're not going to have a "fearsome trio," unless we bring in someone like Palmer.

How can you have a QB trio when there is only 1 QB on the field?

Moore had all of camp to show he deserved to run the team. All of preseason as well. To say a concussion was the main reason he had awful pocket presence, tossed up lollipops in the endzone against NYG (and he didn't "find" Smith a lot, unless Smith moved to CB) is pretty ignorant.

Matt Moore does not have what it takes to be a standout NFL quarterback. Standout quarterbacks do not make the kind of mistakes he makes on a consistent basis. Those are: missing open receivers, jittery feet in the pocket, a lack of understanding for throwing to a spot, and others.

#1: I am better than you in every aspect of life and don't ever forget it.

#2: Read #1 again.

#3: Read it one more time

#4: With Moore playing, Smith was on pace for roughly 80 catches and over 1200 yards. You wouldn't call that finding him a lot? When was the last time he had 1200 yards?

#5: So basically you think Moore "Consistently" showed that he was a terrible QB yet this is the only year that it actually came out in his performance? Do you have any evidence that he lacks the understanding for throwing to a spot? What others? Not sure how often he misses open receivers with a pretty good completion percentage and YPA most of the time. Unless again you are only talking about this year as proof of "consistent mistakes"

#6: Read #3

Archived