• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riley: Don't count out Moore

TheRealDeal

Agree with most of first being better but not most of second... you have to consider what exactly Riley has to work with when comparing him to all those coaches and what he has managed to do with Oregon State over the last few years.

My ideal situation would be drafting a QB who plays well in practice and pushes out Pickles as the number 2. If MM can come in a play well enough to let the rookie grow I would be stoked.

The guy has a winning record as a starter in the NFL and has shown that he can lead us up against top competition and blow them away.

We destroyed his confidence when we drafted Pickles. If any of you have ever gone from cloud nine straight to the pits of hell in a matter of minutes you know how he probably felt on draft day. When it happened to me it took me almost a year to get back to being myself. And it happened to me in private. Not in front of the whole world.

No reason not to get behind him if the coaching staff names him the starter.

Riley has been offered one of the best jobs in the country twice now but he's a hometown guy that loves Corvallis and will probably never leave again. He basically got a lifetime extension from Oregon State and it's well deserved.

Again, anyone with almost any intermediate knowledge of college football has Riley in their top 10 and MOST have him in the top 5.

Putting Chip Kelly above Riley is a joke on so many levels, along with others you guys have posted

He has a contract offer and Hurney has expressed plenty of desire to bring him back.

He's as much a Panther at this point as DeAngelo Williams or Thomas Davis.

That means diddlypoo. We offered the majority of our FA RFA tags...practically every team did just as a CYA. They know it's moot.

Also I have never heard Hurney say something noncomplimentary about anyone....ever. But holy crap here's him talking up Matt Moore. Surprise...7 year contract!!! Perhaps I should find some articles where he has nice things to say about Dwayne Jarrett

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

Also I have never heard Hurney say something noncomplimentary about anyone....ever. But holy crap here's him talking up Matt Moore. Surprise...7 year contract!!! Perhaps I should find some articles where he has nice things to say about Dwayne Jarrett

except that Jarrett got every chance in the world to stay with the team and was released after the season started and ONLY because of off the field issues. So by your logic, if he talks up guys he likes a ton, there's a good chance Moore will make it at least to camp if not into the regular season...

That means diddlypoo. We offered the majority of our FA RFA tags...practically every team did just as a CYA. They know it's moot.

Guys like Keith Null are CYA moves. Don't buy it with Moore.

Hurney doesn't have to talk about anybody. He's chosen to bringup Moore on more than one occasion.

Whether we agree or not, what we've seen suggests they still have some level of belief in him.

Just remember, Hurney and others have brought Moore up a ton, about as much as Clausen. Null has only been brought up... very rarely..

Moore is getting more talk than any of our other FAs, so I think we're likely to keep him. You don't just let good backups walk, even if you don't think they can be "elite" players.

Archived