• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chizik: Newton won't disappoint Panthers if they pick him No. 1

Tarheels23

Wait....... your not supposed to talk.... :D

Im am going to laugh my ass off if the panthers draft newton. The meltdown will be epic.

Newton gets drafted: people shrug and hope he turns out for the best

Newton doesn't get drafted: RACE WAR!!!

Wait, you mean to tell me his college coach thinks he can play in the NFL? That is unheard of! Seriously, I've never heard a college coach ever publicly lobby for a guy they coached. Can you imagine if every coach ever did that? How would we ever know who to believe? Next you'll tell me that his dad thinks he is really good too, that would just be the icing on the cake. His dad's a preacher so you know he's going to tell the truth. Or wait, maybe his personal mentor will praise how good/mature he is. Or maybe his agent will say that he thinks that he should go #1. I wonder how his girlfriend feels about his chances?

I'm not totally on board with picking Newton, but I have had the privilege of working motivational seminars in which Coach Chizik has spoke, and I will say that he's a great speaker and a great person.

If Newton comes with his seal of approval, then that's a plus.

I won't, however, forget that Chizik would likely say that about any of his boys..

Newton gets drafted: people shrug and hope he turns out for the best

Newton doesn't get drafted: RACE WAR!!!

This.

I've hear SFGF say this kind of thing before, but the reality of it is-the only possible meltdown will be if we don't select Newton.

"OMG-NESS 1 t0lD U RICHUDSUNZ DONT Lyk no BLaCK QBs!!!"

If we draft him-then Panther Nation will hope for the best.

Every member on this board who is opposed to Newton has made that clear.

I think I've understood possibly one out of every five of these pics you post

Not sure that they are supposed to be understood; just, well, filler.

Pretty sure that picture is of a guy humping a pillow, so I'm going to guess that the translation has something to do with humping this thread... or something like that.

Archived