• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raleigh TORNADERS!!!

teeray

Just got power back on here at the house.

We were at applebees in Wilson when we saw the tornado out of the window. It was about a block from us at one point. Lots of damage in Wilson. Chris left applebees trying to get to the nursing home his mom is in. They finally let him through. The nursing home was ok, but a house beside it was destroyed. We left our house because we don't have anywhere really safe. We'd have been safer staying home.

Couldn't make it into Kenly. One of the truckstops got hit.

Holy crap what a scary day. Tornado was headed for our house which is surrounded by trees so we jumped in my truck and hauled ass to my moms. Our house is off Ten Ten and our neighborhood got missed thank god. We saw the tornado for quite a while over downtown while driving. It was huge. First one I have ever seen live. My mom lives in Hedingham about 2 miles from the stonybrook mobile home park that was hit hard and I guess 3 people died.

We drove downtown after the tornado passed and where we could actually drive looked like a bomb went off. Power lines and trees down everywhere. Roofs laying all over. Most streets were blocked. Very scary and sad.

Benson, Smithfield, Selma, Micro, Kenly, and Wilson all got hit. We've heard there are multiple wrecks on 95 around Micro. Can't confirm that, though. We had to go to Bailey to eat. We couldn't get into Kenly, and Wilson is a nightmare.

Archived