• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason will go down in history as the greatest Panther ever.

JawnyBlaze

I got a Beason jersey his rookie year, more motivated by the fact that his first name is the same as mine and his last name is only 1 letter different from mine so I thought it was kinda funny. Glad I hopped on that bandwagon early, even if for the wrong reason :)

Jon Beamon?

Jon Benson?

Smitty isnt the best Panther ever. Not even top 3 or 5.

who is in your top 5 then?

I don't count Reggie White and guys like that......Reggie White is probably the greatest football player to have ever worn a Panther uniform but he was past his prime when he did it.....and he is also not thought of as a Panther.

I have to say thanks to Beason for signing my Beason jersey. I think he has to be top 5 all time. We know he is the leader on the D, but also for the rest of the team. He should have been to the pro bowl as a starter and is underrated nationally. He is also the kinda guy if you are not giving 110% he's gonna call you out. Greatest of all time is gonna be tuff to beat Mills, Moose, but he is close. Win a superbowl then maybe.

Smitty was the best WR in the game for one season and a top 5 WR for 2-3 seasons. He may not have the consistentcy we will see out of Beason for the duration of his career, but at his peak I truely believe Smith was one of the best receivers to ever play in the NFL... and before I get slammed for that comment, yes... I am a tad biased.

I agree with this completely. I can't count the number of football discussions/arguments I've gotten in with co-workers that didn't respect Smitty as a top 2 or 3 WR. But I think Beason at every point in his pro career has been at least as good as Smitty was at the same point (after 1 year, after 2 years, etc). Not trying to bring Smitty down, he's one of my top 2 or 3 favorite players of all time, but Beason is ahead of the curve for a Hall of Fame career. Smitty's just a little behind the same curve (thanks to shitty QBs and a few injuries).

who is in your top 5 then?

I don't count Reggie White and guys like that......Reggie White is probably the greatest football player to have ever worn a Panther uniform but he was past his prime when he did it.....and he is also not thought of as a Panther.

29aqvki.jpg

Interested in who's in your top 5 as well

1. Mills

2. Kasay

3. Beason

4. Peppers

5. Minter

After that you can make cases for Jake Delhomme (not me, but others will), Wesley Walls, Muhsin Muhmmad, DeAngelo Williams, or Jonathan Stewart before Smitty. They all have been stars for us. The best, or top 2-3, at their positions for this team. So it also comes down to how much they've given to the organization in terms of leadership, character and what they do off the field. They haven't beaten 2 teammates and then act childish like Smith has the last couple seasons. Its off the field issues that plummet Smitty down the list.

Beason is going to thrive in Rivera's aggressive zone-blitzing scheme... he's going to be a household name by this time next year.

Not only Rivera, Mcdermott is a blitz fanatic. I agree Rivera and Mcdermott will do many good things with Beason and Beason is perfect for it too, a tad undersized and bit faster. Seem like our whole line backing core will be utilized to the fullest.

Archived