• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trademarks...

KBRed

Is anyone here a trademark/copyright attorney or know of one in Charlotte that they have used?

I have tons of questions about trademarks and just want to talk to someone.

I have company name trademarked (service marked). Another company in another state just started, added 'superior' in front of our name. They aren't too professional, so we aren't worried about them as a company, but more once we expand, will we have to worry about getting a trademark in that state and not being able to? Should we pursue getting them to change their name?

Is our trademark just good in North Carolina? It was originally done on LegalZoom when we started the business two years ago. Is there a fee per state to trademark? Any difference in Canada? Is it cheaper since we already have one state?

So many questions, but thought someone here could help...thanks in advance.

trademark should be one and done. its filing with a state as far as LLC is concerned. alston bird is a firm that comes to mind for this.

most my attny contacts are either real estate, divorce or bankruptcy.

if you are on linkedin, capitalize on those contacts and see what you can drum up.

Archived