• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do

TheRealDeal

What happens if we don't sign him? I know in baseball you get an additional(one spot past the previous years spot) pick if they are unable to sign them.

I probably wouldn't even sign them, and trade them to the Bengals where doing dumb poo like that gets you a nice contract.

if we drafted someone at #1, couldn't sign them due to CBA, and then pictures surfaced of them doing cocaine at a club?

Would their past be a factor in your decision?

Should we not sign them?

Should we sign them and try and change them?

What would I do? Nothing.

Not a coke guy so don't take this the wrong way, but I think I would be way more concerned that he was careless enough to do it in front of someone snapping pictures than the fact he was doing it...

That being said, you use it as leverage in contract negotiations and have more frequent drug testing as needed.

If all else fails, sign him and just hope he turns into half the player either Dan Marino or Lawrence Taylor was (rumored coke heads). You can't not sign him and allow the Bengals or another bottom feeder to give our #1 pick his "second chance" before we get our shot with him.

Archived