• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why wasn't Gerhart the first RB drafted last year?

Cyclonus

the guy with the 2nd most rushing yards and 3rd most points all time in NCAA football was white......and he went undrafted. Skin color had nothing to do with it....you need an NFL skill set to get drafted and a very good one to be a first rounder.

the guy with the 2nd most rushing yards and 3rd most points all time in NCAA football was white......and he went undrafted. Skin color had nothing to do with it....you need an NFL skill set to get drafted and a very good one to be a first rounder.

exactly why clausen WASN'T a first rounder

Because the GM that would have drafted Gerhart over C.J. Spiller would not be employed right now. NFL wants guys with game changing "big play" ability... CJ Spiller, Dexter McCluster, and Javid Best all bring that... You could make an argument that Gerhart should have been drafted over Ryan Matthews, but the other guys are more appealing with their speed & upside.

I was just poking the fire...but let's be honest. Gerhart is more of an Alstott type of runner, which seems to me to have a valid place in the NFL (per my Hillis reference...and you could throw in Kuhn as well)

it does have a place.

you just don't want to invest greatly into a RB with that particular skill set. They dish out punishment but take more as well.....

Great additions to any team but you aren't going to invest in them like a Chris Johnson.

Archived