• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does pat yas have it out for fox?

dpanthersman

Duh!! The Panthers and Fox did not make it easy for him and even though he worked for the biggest paper in Charlotte he was always out-scooped. So he started rumors and embellished 4th party quotes. Now that he's with ESPN he feels he's due to get the stories first. But guess what, no one at the Panthers organization likes him so he doesn't get crap. It would be payback if your Patty rumor could take off. rofl!

Reporters should never let personal feelings enter into their reporting. There are definitely times when I could see thinking Yasinskas has done that.

A lot of it probably has to do with who's been willing to talk and who hasn't. Kris Jenkins mouthed off plenty and Yasinskas took his word as gospel. You'd have to say thought that the fact the team in general was happier with him gone and the number of players who referenced "addition by subtraction" undermined his credibility (and by extension, Pat's).

Also didn't help when he was printing stuff fed from Mike McCoy's agent as golden. He practically had McCoy's name tag on the OC desk. Meanwhile some unknowns at Scout.com were writing that Davidson was the guy. When he ended up scooped, I gotta imagine it didn't feel too good.

All this said, when Yasinskas was at the Observer, I thought he was overall pretty good. Even now I definitely take him seriously. But I do apply a bit of a 'filter' to his reports on the Panthers because there are still times when I think feelings enter in.

Exactly 4 teams have done better in that time period, while 27 have done worse. Is your glass 84% full or 14% empty?

My glass is the guy has been mediocre in over half the seasons hes been a Panthers coach. Never had back to back winning seasons.

There are 5 gay panthers? Really?

My glass is the guy has been mediocre in over half the seasons hes been a Panthers coach. Never had back to back winning seasons.

There are 5 gay panthers? Really?

I think you missed his point that while our record seems mediocre during the Fox regime, it's still better than 27 other teams in the NFL. I'll take that all day long and once the Cancer known as Peppers is finally out of here, I think you'll see an improved Defense.

Yas has never liked Fox or Panther management. He parlayed that into being the only writer that Jenkins would talk to on a regular basis. He frequently takes shots at the Panthers. That kind of attitude has helped him all the way to ESPN so it seems to work.

It's justified.

I don't blame them. Especially having to live in the south while they're playing for the Panthers. I will say this though, if the gay Panthers players and other well-knowns like Pat Yasinskas were more open about their homosexuality it would go a long way toward gaining more acceptance for them in or region.

He's not gay.

I've seen him get lap dance after lap dance at a titty bar. He first got tight with Jenkins when he saw him at a strip club in Charlotte. You can probably guess which one.

I'm not going to argue about it. The guy obviously is handling his own affairs the way he wants, but youtube is a visual media and there were several floating around. I doubt he would be the first gay guy to have gotten a lap dance. I also don't doubt that he'd try not to have it known the way homosexuals get treated in the south. Whatever works for him is what he should do. Either way, he's bitter.

I've seen him get lap dance after lap dance at a titty bar. He first got tight with Jenkins when he saw him at a strip club in Charlotte. You can probably guess which one.

Lap dance after lap dance on a reporter's salary? Come on Yas, you can do way better than that. :)

Archived