• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does pat yas have it out for fox?

dpanthersman

so ive been reading the blog section of espn.com alot since the offseason began and pat yas who covers the nfc south for them and used to cover the panthers before he did that, has never realy seemed to praise fox that much. ive read alot of his mail bag sections and in every question he answers, he seems to place alot of blame on fox. especially for things like jenkins and peppers leaving and the lose to arizona. im not sayin i disagree with everything hes sayin i have my complaints about fox to. but for the most part the teams been pretty succesful in his tenure here and if he was fired he would be scooped up quick. has neone else noticed this? and do u agree or disagree with his opinions?

i figured this would be something diff to talk about instead of all the peppers and gross drama lately....

so ive been reading the blog section of espn.com alot since the offseason began and pat yas who covers the nfc south for them and used to cover the panthers before he did that, has never realy seemed to praise fox that much. ive read alot of his mail bag sections and in every question he answers, he seems to place alot of blame on fox. especially for things like jenkins and peppers leaving and the lose to arizona. im not sayin i disagree with everything hes sayin i have my complaints about fox to. but for the most part the teams been pretty succesful in his tenure here and if he was fired he would be scooped up quick. has neone else noticed this? and do u agree or disagree with his opinions?

i figured this would be something diff to talk about instead of all the peppers and gross drama lately....

Yas has never liked Fox or Panther management. He parlayed that into being the only writer that Jenkins would talk to on a regular basis. He frequently takes shots at the Panthers. That kind of attitude has helped him all the way to ESPN so it seems to work.

Yas calls 'em like he see 'em.

He (and I) feel that Fox has to take ultimate responsibility for the failings of the Panthers, just as he was ultimately praised for the success of the organization back in the day (and by success, I mean when productivity meets expectations on the field). Too many times during the last three years, I have had plenty of "WTF moments" when looking at Fox appearing bewildered while getting his ass kicked between his ears (if you know what I'm saying), which was reflected in the failings on the field, and continuously ricocheting back and forth between the field and the sideline (again, if you know what I'm saying). Seeing Fox's bewilderment, last year in particular, and then seeing the bewildering play on the field had me feeling like "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" I don't know. And I shouldn't have this feeling about questionable coaching calls leading to questionable play, or vice versa. Sometimes I think that coach Fox has become lost in his own ultra-conservative philosophy, unable to adapt to the reality that is happening in the game.

Perhaps the coming season will be better, because once upon a time I have seen Fox do better.

The Panthers are a top 5 team record wise in Fox's tenure. Does he have to maintain responsibilty for that as well?

And in his entire tenure he has had 3 winning seasons, in other words fewer winning seasons than seasons in which his team was .500 or worse.

Everyone at the Observer knew that Yas had a gay lover, and when that dude upgraded from Yas he left the Observer for ESPN. Heck there is video of them on youtube, or used to be.

EXACTLY!!!

I heard his lover was engine8 or something like that.

are you serious?

if so, I dont know how I havent heard about it, but it makes sense

Yeah. Sadly I am. It's weird because basically it's COOL to be gay these days. Yas is fighting it though for whatever reason. Weird though, all the gays think he's hot. To each their own I suppose. Supposedly he started hating the panthers when some of the players found out he was gay and started making fun of him.

Yeah. Sadly I am. It's weird because basically it's COOL to be gay these days. Yas is fighting it though for whatever reason. Weird though, all the gays think he's hot. To each their own I suppose. Supposedly he started hating the panthers when some of the players found out he was gay and started making fun of him.

wow did not know this.

There were a lot of threads on it before the old server crash. Several posters supposedly dated Yas but I think that was all BS. I just wish he wouldn't take it out on the team in his writing. I mean...football players are going to laugh at stuff like that. I just wished he wouldn't have taken it so personally. I think if he read the huddle and saw that most panther fans have no problem with him being gay he'd change his tone.

Archived