• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Work related question

Zcustom

What's going on is my assistant opens the building every day for me at 7:30. He used to come in ridiculously early to ride the clock so I had to make the start time 7:30 sharp.

We also have an accounting girl who likes to start early to beat all the reports spooling company wide, which is fine.

However, he lives in Lincolnton and sometimes traffic can be a bitch as we all know. About once in every 2 or 3 months he's late, but only 5 or 10 minutes.

On these days the accounting girl changes her time card to read 7:30 and it just bugs the crap outta me. She also gets paid extra to take the mail to the post office, which is 2 blocks away AND is something I used to do without expecting (or getting) extra compensation.

I just don't agree with how she handles it and was curious what the wise huddle thought

HAHAHA ...try every single day....plus he leaves early but I still get paid regardless...

do you guys not do the thing where you just fill out the time card based on a 40 hr week? I technically "get paid hourly" so I fill out a time card, but all of my paychecks are the same (other than commish)

some people get fired for changing their timecard.

My boss is OK with her doing this. Since he is her direct supervisor I really have no say in the matter.

It is rather small in the grand scheme of things but it's the principle of it that gets me.

She is a raging bitch too but good at her job (Accounts Receivable/Collections)

you know what it is, it's entitlement, and that (in any form) bugs me.

HAHAHA ...try every single day....plus he leaves early but I still get paid regardless...

do you guys not do the thing where you just fill out the time card based on a 40 hr week? I technically "get paid hourly" so I fill out a time card, but all of my paychecks are the same (other than commish)

No, we have 16 hourly employees and their time cards are calculated down to the minute.

I did her job years ago, dealt with the same issues, and never once felt like I was owed time on the clock. Maybe I'm just too nice?

What's going on is my assistant opens the building every day for me at 7:30. He used to come in ridiculously early to ride the clock so I had to make the start time 7:30 sharp.

We also have an accounting girl who likes to start early to beat all the reports spooling company wide, which is fine.

However, he lives in Lincolnton and sometimes traffic can be a bitch as we all know. About once in every 2 or 3 months he's late, but only 5 or 10 minutes.

On these days the accounting girl changes her time card to read 7:30 and it just bugs the crap outta me. She also gets paid extra to take the mail to the post office, which is 2 blocks away AND is something I used to do without expecting (or getting) extra compensation.

I just don't agree with how she handles it and was curious what the wise huddle thought

Time cards should reflect the accurate time worked.

No, we have 16 hourly employees and their time cards are calculated down to the minute.

I did her job years ago, dealt with the same issues, and never once felt like I was owed time on the clock. Maybe I'm just too nice?

probably. squeaky wheels and all that.

Archived