• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Work related question

Zcustom

Your start time for work each day is 7:30am.

Your boss opens the building and once every 2 or 3 months he's 5 or 10 minutes late for various reasons.

Being an hourly employee, do you feel entitled to be paid for the 5 or 10 minutes he's late, since you could have been working and on the clock in that time?

Or, do you just let it slide because it's not that big of a deal?

I'm not the boss in this scenario FYI

Yes....hourly employees typically don't make very much money and they most likely live check to check. Every little bit helps and it isn't fair for them to have to work an extra 10 minutes those days because the boss was late. Plus, shouldn't the boss be there like 20-30 minutes before any of the hourly folks show up?

Edit: even though it isn't much money....probably more the point of the matter. If a company tries to dock me $.25, I'm pissed.

What's going on is my assistant opens the building every day for me at 7:30. He used to come in ridiculously early to ride the clock so I had to make the start time 7:30 sharp.

We also have an accounting girl who likes to start early to beat all the reports spooling company wide, which is fine.

However, he lives in Lincolnton and sometimes traffic can be a bitch as we all know. About once in every 2 or 3 months he's late, but only 5 or 10 minutes.

On these days the accounting girl changes her time card to read 7:30 and it just bugs the crap outta me. She also gets paid extra to take the mail to the post office, which is 2 blocks away AND is something I used to do without expecting (or getting) extra compensation.

I just don't agree with how she handles it and was curious what the wise huddle thought

What's going on is my assistant opens the building every day for me at 7:30. He used to come in ridiculously early to ride the clock so I had to make the start time 7:30 sharp.

We also have an accounting girl who likes to start early to beat all the reports spooling company wide, which is fine.

However, he lives in Lincolnton and sometimes traffic can be a bitch as we all know. About once in every 2 or 3 months he's late, but only 5 or 10 minutes.

On these days the accounting girl changes her time card to read 7:30 and it just bugs the crap outta me. She also gets paid extra to take the mail to the post office, which is 2 blocks away AND is something I used to do without expecting (or getting) extra compensation.

I just don't agree with how she handles it and was curious what the wise huddle thought

Doesn't seem like a battle I would care about, especially if she is a good worker. Consider it a perk of the job. We are talking about $100 a year or something?

Archived