• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do you brush your teeth?

Zcustom

very difficult to do it properly without being messy. you have to tilt you head back, open your mouth only slightly. Getting the tongue is a must, go as far back as you can without gagging too much.

^sounds kinda dirty actually.

My tooth brush last a very short amount of time. I think I brush my teeth too hard. I think that is why my gums are starting to bother me. I think I've damaged them.

my wife had to get her teeth bonded because she brushed the enamel off them. be careful out there.

My tooth brush last a very short amount of time. I think I brush my teeth too hard. I think that is why my gums are starting to bother me. I think I've damaged them.

this for me too...my dentist started giving me serious hell for it too! I changed though and it's way better now

if you aren't brushing with a soft bristle brush you should probably switch. its what i use. dentist told me that even medium ones are too much.

My mom was the same. Eventually her gums receded and they had to cut a graft of skin off the roof of her mouth and make a huge cut where the inside of the lip met the gum line (to allow them to pull the skin tight, Joan Rivers style) just to replace the gum tissue.

All that I could stand, but seeing her do the salt-water rinses twice a day hurt me just watching.

Moral of the story, switch to a soft bristle brush and brush away from the gums, NOW!!!

My mom was the same. Eventually her gums receded and they had to cut a graft of skin off the roof of her mouth and make a huge cut where the inside of the lip met the gum line (to allow them to pull the skin tight, Joan Rivers style) just to replace the gum tissue.

All that I could stand, but seeing her do the salt-water rinses twice a day hurt me just watching.

Moral of the story, switch to a soft bristle brush and brush away from the gums, NOW!!!

Yes, my wife may have to have this done, apparently it is a huge deal.

I am not a messy brusher... I never flossed until about 4 years ago and my teeth were great... I started flossing when they came out with those ones that have the handle and the interchangeable little heads... but I've fallen out of it again.

I've had about 7 cavities filled in my 38 years, and three of them were last year...

Now, my 11 y.o., the entire bathroom has water and toothpaste all over it when he's done... :lol:

Oh, and before I forget, buy Sensodyne. By far the best toothpaste I've ever used. My gums feel amazing at all times. So, Cat, buy it. A little more pricey, but I feel like your teeth/gums are worth the extra $1.50 or so. Shouldn't skimp on the health of your mouth, IMO.

Archived