• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm in the Denver Airport..

neverlosethefeeling

you should really enjoy the rest of your trip....hopefully it's nice and clear out for you!

Thanks!

I left the warmth of Spring in Charlotte for the cold rain of the Pacific Northwest. The guy driving the car that took me to the hotel said they haven't been above 60 all year. Oy!

The hotel this conference is at is great, though.

Maybe I was thinking of smoking back before the law was passed....not sure

Denver International has a smoking lounge I walked by. Looked like a rip off, though. You had to buy something in order to be able to smoke there if I read the signs correctly.

Side note: I must be living right. USAirways flight was to depart Charlotte at 7:45am. I woke up at 6:20am after oversleeping and made it to the gate right as boarding was beginning.

On my United flight from DEN-PDX, there was one empty seat on the entire aircraft and it happened to be in my row. The flight was overbooked so I was hoping to volunteer for standby in exchange for some vouchers or free upgrades, but they got everyone on with 1 seat left.

Worst Airport: Ambergris Caye, Belize. The airport is 1/2 a trailor. Walk in to a counter (room for 3 customers to stand, no chairs) to buy your ticket. The waiting area is 3 wooden picnic tables beside the trailor. One might be in the shade. The runway is dirt, I think. There is a bar across the street though.

Ok, Skew, no need to drop Banana Republic airports into this game....

How bout Tortola. I waited for 2 hours to get thru immigration and customs there...and we were the only plane (at the time), maybe 50 people.

back to civilization...

Denver.

Home base to the NWO.

Just get out alive and be thankful.

http://extraordinaryintelligence.com/970/the-unexplained/mysterious-murals-and-monuments-at-the-denver-airport/

I used to have to fly from Milw to Rochester, MN alot for IBM.

The airport I always hated was La Crosse WI. The 10:00PM flight from Milw to Roch was a mail run. There would be 15 people on the flight and they stopped to off load and pick up mail.

What made it so bad, is the La Crosse airport is out on an island between the Black and the Mississippi Rivers and the runway is barely long enough for a 727 to land and take off. The plane would stay on the corner until it got clearance, then start spooling up the engines and make the turn onto the runway at speed! I swear, you could here the tires squealing as the plane turned the corner onto the runway to take off! And you used all the runway!

The other airport I never liked was JFK or La Guardia. Which has the runway into the Hudson? You are coming down, down and there is nothing below you but water. Then all of a sudden runway and you are down! You can see water hitting the runway wall you are so close!

The last one was John Wayne/Orange County airport. Only because of the funky way you have to land and take off due to noise over the homes. You take off and almost have to go straight up and the airplane is shuddering due to the stresses. Then the pilot has to level out and cut the engines to just above stall over the houses.

I used to have to fly from Milw to Rochester, MN alot for IBM.

The airport I always hated was La Crosse WI. The 10:00PM flight from Milw to Roch was a mail run. There would be 15 people on the flight and they stopped to off load and pick up mail.

What made it so bad, is the La Crosse airport is out on an island between the Black and the Mississippi Rivers and the runway is barely long enough for a 727 to land and take off. The plane would stay on the corner until it got clearance, then start spooling up the engines and make the turn onto the runway at speed! I swear, you could here the tires squealing as the plane turned the corner onto the runway to take off! And you used all the runway!

The other airport I never liked was JFK or La Guardia. Which has the runway into the Hudson? You are coming down, down and there is nothing below you but water. Then all of a sudden runway and you are down! You can see water hitting the runway wall you are so close!

The last one was John Wayne/Orange County airport. Only because of the funky way you have to land and take off due to noise over the homes. You take off and almost have to go straight up and the airplane is shuddering due to the stresses. Then the pilot has to level out and cut the engines to just above stall over the houses.

I'm pretty sure it's LGA that's on the river. The worst part about connecting in NYC, and maybe moreso internationally than domestically, but having to change airports altogether. Land at LGA then take off from JFK.... what a hassle

Archived