• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm in the Denver Airport..

neverlosethefeeling

Aren't we one of the only airports that has bars too?

When I used to go to Vegas every other month there is an airport bar there called the Prickly Pear and you could smoke in it. Drink a 32oz beer and you call it shot for an extra $1....plus WiFi!

I once did a Cinco De Mayo shot there with Pauly Shore

isn't amazing how very little there is around Denver? I've flown into there a couple of times and there's just miles of absolutely nothing south and east!!!

It really is surprising! I kept looking at my watch and then looking at the ground and wondering when I was going to see something that resembled a city as we were 5 minutes from landing.

The Rockies are gorgeous, though. Had a great view of them from the bar

It really is surprising! I kept looking at my watch and then looking at the ground and wondering when I was going to see something that resembled a city as we were 5 minutes from landing.

The Rockies are gorgeous, though. Had a great view of them from the bar

you should really enjoy the rest of your trip....hopefully it's nice and clear out for you!

On my way to Portland, OR. I walk into the bar to grab a bite before my connection and one of the waitresses is wearing a Panthers lanyard. Pretty cool, if ya ask me.

You know what'd be great would be for her to be working sometime when John Fox passes through :lol:

Worst Airport: Ambergris Caye, Belize. The airport is 1/2 a trailor. Walk in to a counter (room for 3 customers to stand, no chairs) to buy your ticket. The waiting area is 3 wooden picnic tables beside the trailor. One might be in the shade. The runway is dirt, I think. There is a bar across the street though.

I used to go to Denver a bunch as a layover to Rawlins, WY. From there we would get a samll turboprop ad the mountains played hell with the airstream.

I didn't mind the sudden drops or even the turbulence. When the plane would "slide" sideways on our descent, approaching the tarmac in a not too desireable angle, that would always get me concerned.

Best Airport I have ever used was Tampa. Worst was Reagan airport, but only because it was so crowded, and the airlines didn't have enough employees to properly staff the front desk.

Of course, my favorite airport was Winston Salem, because the distance from parking to the gate is only about 50 yards. :) Unfortunately, they no longer have passenger service.

Archived