• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri's Gabbert impresses Rivera

teeray

Mods aren't forum nazi's or anything they just try to keep things on topic. Personal insults are frowned upon. There is a "smack" sub forum for that kind of thing.Some debates get a little heated and they seem to give fair warning when things get out of hand. Just my observation from my relatively short time on the huddle but I think they are pretty accurate.

Mods please correct me if I am misinforming.

Oh and welcome to the huddle.

Depends on the mod and how they are feeling that day. For instance, I have only seen JOAT ban people for being racist. Salty gave me an infraction for bad language. They give out warnings first tho.

wow the hate cam gets is on vick during dog killer times...

There is no "Cam Hate" on here. It is people that have the ability to see that the ??'s about Cam's ability to play QB at the next level are numerous and real.

Neither he nor Gabbert (nor any other QB in this draft for that matter) are worth the #1 pick......plain and simple.

There is no "Cam Hate" on here. It is people that have the ability to see that the ??'s about Cam's ability to play QB at the next level are numerous and real.

Neither he nor Gabbert (nor any other QB in this draft for that matter) are worth the #1 pick......plain and simple.

Ah, okay, now I get it. The people that do not like Cam as a prospect have a "sixth sense" that the rest do not. Is that something you are born with?

Give me a break. It is your opinion. Others do not share it.

While it's true that Gabbert and Newton might not be worth the 1st pick, If you take a look at this draft there really isn't anyone that stands out.

Green - has question marks after his Combine. Was slower in the 40ty then most expected and didn't have the best day WR wise as Jones closed the gap in a major way, before Jones anounced he had to have surgery.

Fairley - has question marks both on and off the field, only one solid year in college against top flight competition.

Dareus - Is a solid prospect and a clean one at that, but there are concerns that he's near his peak already. Also some question's about his pass rushing ability. (mainly because he was asked to be a glue guy for his Dline)

PP - He's probably the cleanest and best prospect in the draft, but why draft a CB first when you can probably get a young solid prospect or already proven NFL player in FA (when it starts) Also some concerns about his Wonder score being low, can he be effect in a complex defense....

Newton - Footwork and the fact he's coming from a spread offense that was a 1-2 read and run offense. Some accuracy and consistancy issues because of footwork. Has tremendous upside and ability, but can he put it all together.

Gabbert - Type of Offense he ran in college, coming from a spread offense that had 1-2 reads, pocket awareness issues. Didn't perform all that well in College last season.

Mallet - Accuracy and touch issues, Consistancy and decision making are below average. Also has some issues with ball placement and making throws/plays when having to step up into the pocket.

I'm not listing Bowers or Quinn because I think the top 7 for Carolina are above. I also mainly listed just Negatives and no positives.

Ah, okay, now I get it. The people that do not like Cam as a prospect have a "sixth sense" that the rest do not. Is that something you are born with?

Give me a break. It is your opinion. Others do not share it.

You think the people supporting Newton don't say the same sort of thing?

Or there's the flipside of accusing people of "hating" him just because they have a different opinion about whether he'd be a good pick.

But that's perfectly okay, right? :rolleyes:

Or there's the flipside of accusing people of "hating" him just because they have a different opinion about whether he'd be a good pick.

Hater :p

So if you think someone has said something stupid, then call them out on it. It's your right.

Likewise, when somebody on the other side of the debate says something stupid, they are probably going to get called on it.

I am just not sure why you feel you have to support a statement like the original. Baffling.

So if you think someone has said something stupid, then call them out on it. It's your right.

Likewise, when somebody on the other side of the debate says something stupid, they are probably going to get called on it.

I am just not sure why you feel you have to support a statement like the original. Baffling.

Believe me, I have no trouble telling someone when I think they've said something stupid. Nor do I have a problem with others saying it, even if it's to me :lol:

Where I think people get offbase is when they say stuff like "you just hate him" or "you don't like black quarterbacks" or some other such thing, trying to attack the person rather than the validity of their statements.

Granted, when someone actually says something that calls their character into question, it's valid.

Attributing personal motives to someone just because they don't see a draft prospect the same as you do? Please :frown2:

Believe me, I have no trouble telling someone when I think they've said something stupid. Nor do I have a problem with others saying it, even if it's to me :lol:

Where I think people get offbase is when they say stuff like "you just hate him" or "you don't like black quarterbacks" or some other such thing, trying to attack the person rather than the validity of their statements.

Granted, when someone actually says something that calls their character into question, it's valid.

Attributing personal motives to someone just because they don't see a draft prospect the same as you do? Please :frown2:

Hater

Archived