• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Brown (S - Chi) just got cut

Fiz

The Bears have "decided to cut ties with" nine-year veteran FS Mike Brown.

This was expected, as GM Jerry Angelo said a month ago that he couldn't envision a scenario where Brown would return. Angelo is high on Danieal Manning, who is expected to be moved into Brown's starting role. With his injury history, Brown will likely have to accept a short-term, incentive-laden deal elsewhere. Feb. 15 - 9:59 am et

Source: Chicago Tribune

See what I did there with the (S-Chi) eh? eh?

Anyway, with the looming departure of Ken Lucas (why hasn't it happened yet oh god im nervous) we might need another CB unless they really do think CJ Wilson can play the nickel/2. Fox has a history of getting a lot out of not very much at safety (Marlon McCree) and thinking he can do the same with other players (Marquand Manual, that asshole from the Giants whose name I can't remember). And obviously they've a history with Chicago safeties (Chris Harris <3 )

In regards to signing him...

Pros: Will be cheap, can be one of the better free safeties in the league, gives the team depth and flexibility with Charles Godfrey if they decide to move him, leadership, knows Chris Harris

Cons: I can't think of anything more fragile to describe him, so glass will have to do, ninth year in the league, might f*ck up Godfrey's development.

edit* oh poo there's a thread for this. oh well, goodbye thread, hello post.

Mike Brown? mmmm the guy just turned 31 and he has played in less than 50% of the games in the last 5 years. If you want him for depth maybe but if you want him to be the guy he will be on the IR within 3 games. It seems like the Panthers need a lot but they really don't. Would be nice if they could get back in the first round though.

Archived