• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Y's theory on interest shown in PP7

JawnyBlaze

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/19268/hitting-the-nfc-south-hot-spots-20

Zach in Peachtree City wrote to say he thinks the Panthers official website has been writing a lot about Patrick Robinson lately and asks whether that’s a sign Carolina could be looking to take the cornerback with the first overall pick.

Pat Yasinskas: Can’t speak for the team’s official website. But let’s just say that most teams are pretty controlling of their own sites. It’s highly unlikely any team is going to telegraph its draft plans, and I can assure you that doesn’t fit Marty Hurney’s profile. In fact, I’d be more inclined to say what you’re seeing is a smoke screen.

SSSSSMOKESSSSSSCREEN!!!

I don't buy it (the smokescreen theory). It doesn't seem reasonable that some team is going to like a CB so much that it's prepared to pay the price to move up. Teams move up for QB's, DE's and OT's. Not as likely for other positions.

It's much more likely the team views PP as a legitimate prospect with the first pick.

Zach in Peachtree City wrote to say he thinks the Panthers official website has been writing a lot about Patrick Robinson lately and asks whether that’s a sign Carolina could be looking to take the cornerback with the first overall pick.

SSSSSMOKESSSSSSCREEN!!!

Archived