• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ufc 128

TheRealDeal

Jones is very good but he can and will lose. I was pulling for Shogun but Shogun from the jump looked slow and he has always looked that way after long layoffs. Now I dont care for Evans that much but he can beat Jones. Evans can wrestle, has quick hands/feet, and knows Jones's game. I also think Machida would be a great matchup with Jones. You also have Anderson Silva who can fight at 205 if he wants to.

I was pulling for Shogun as well but like you said he looked slow and somewhat out of it. Even at Shogun's worst he didn't look as bad as he did last night.

Of course he'll lose sometime but I think he will dominate 205 for a long time. Rashad has a better chance than most people are giving him because of his wrestling and his hands. He's also used to competing against guys that are a lot bigger since he started as a HW.

I don't think Machida is that good of a matchup for him but we'll see. I think Rampage is a better fight just because I think he can hurt Jones.

Also, I don't think AS can handle Jones but who knows. He'd have to put on some muscle. Jones has manhandled everyone with his wrestling and his striking is getting better each day.

I think he is the creme of the crop but I wouldn't be surprised if Rashad beats him.

Shogun, Cro Cop, Rampage, Wanderlei, Minotauro and others all beaten by UFC competitors.

Is it safe to say Pride is dead?

Shogun isn't dead, neither is Rampage, but the others are just getting up there in age that it's hard to compete.

Shogun and Rampage will still be in the mix at 205 but I don't see the others ever being in title contention again.

Shogun, Cro Cop, Rampage, Wanderlei, Minotauro and others all beaten by UFC competitors.

Is it safe to say Pride is dead?

Age and those guys not cutting weight to make lower classes are hurting them. CroCop is now retired per Dana but he always weighed around 225, same thing with Fedor the guy could make 205 if he just cut about 20 lbs. When your fighting guys that cut to make the 265 limit your in trouble if you walk arould at 230. Shogun has never been good after long layoffs and it was his 3rd knee surgery...if if comes straight back and fights then he will be much better. Rampage is still very good but he has movie aspirations. Wandy, I think, is being very smart. He runs his gym and is living off his legacy. I'd love to see him fight more often but I doubt it happens.

Age and those guys not cutting weight to make lower classes are hurting them. CroCop is now retired per Dana but he always weighed around 225, same thing with Fedor the guy could make 205 if he just cut about 20 lbs. When your fighting guys that cut to make the 265 limit your in trouble if you walk arould at 230. Shogun has never been good after long layoffs and it was his 3rd knee surgery...if if comes straight back and fights then he will be much better. Rampage is still very good but he has movie aspirations. Wandy, I think, is being very smart. He runs his gym and is living off his legacy. I'd love to see him fight more often but I doubt it happens.

This...

Cro Cop would have DESTROYED guys at 205

yessir

Archived