• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Congrats Panthers fans

bucsfan4life

Hey Panthers fans, I just wanted to drop back in and say Congrats on your win. I was expecting the Bucs to lose this week and I believe I even said it on here, so I have no crow to eat. :P

Anyways, the Bucs defense was a disgrace out there in the 2nd half. I don't know what happened. The amount of holes that the Panthers o-line was producing and the number of missed tackles we had was totally inexcusable and is not usually how we play. The Panthers had 300 rushing yards on us and Stewart and Williams both averaged at least 8 or 9 yards per carry, I wonder how many of those yards came after a missed tackle. Props to those 2 guys and your o-line because they manhandled us, especially the d-line.

The only really positive thing was that I liked the offense's performance in the 2nd half. Antonio Bryant is a stud. 200 receiving yards and he was really our only threat on offense. That last TD catch he made was unreal. The defense was good in the 1st half, but it fell down from there.

And as I said earlier in this post, I wasn't expecting the Bucs to win. To go on the road on MNF against a division rival who is undefeated at home and come out with a win is very difficult to do. We aren't the best road team out there also, so it really isn't a suprise.

Also, I just wanted to say Ronde Barber has lost it. He is just too old. Yea, he had a nice INT, but that was the only bright spot for him. He made at least 2 or 3 penalties in the game and he got stiffed armed like 5 times. His tackling skills are just terrible now.

So, I just wanted to stop by and say good win and congrats Panthers fans. However, I still see my beloved Bucs winning the NFC South. I will explain if anyone wants me to. :biggrin5:

Thank you for coming back in here, I know it wasn't easy. The Bucs are still a force, it's quite possible that there will be 3 teams in the NFC South that will make the playoffs. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that the NFC South is the best division in the league, (when at the first of the year was completely ludicrous)...

Though I didn't talk smack or give a prediction, I'm here...

I like my crow well done with lots of BBQ sauce! :D

Good game, Panthers. You absolutely annihilated our run D. I wouldn't doubt if you set a record for most yards after contact.

After watching both of our games, having your O-line full and healthy really made a lot of difference. Maybe ALL the difference! Our D-line was getting pushed around like they weren't even there.

Tell ya what, though. It was some damn good smashmouth football for three quarters! DAMN GOOD! It looked like that four play, 90 yard drive...sorry, 90 yard rush, took the wind out of our sails.

At any rate, good game, guys and gals! No serious injuries that I remember seeing, so thank the powers that be for that. See you in the playoffs!

P.S. Go Gints...and Saints!:P

Did we get any sort of credit in that post? It's nothing but excuse after excuse...

I gave you credit where it was due. I said props to your o-line and Stewart/Williams, they manhandled our defense. No one else besides Steve Smith really impressed me and I was obviously expecting a big game from him.

MadHatter, we'll see. I am pretty confident the Bucs will make the playoffs. Even if we do lose to the Falcons, we are 9-5 and have the Chargers and Raiders left. The worst I see us going is 11-5. I pearsonally think we will win out, but we'll see.

There is nothing wrong with Ronde Barber. He's still a damn good corner he just got beat. He wasn't the first. DWill and Stewart are both starting running backs both very gifted and talented and hard to bring down.

This is it. And the defense was on the field a very long time so they were dragging.

I gave you credit where it was due. I said props to your o-line and Stewart/Williams, they manhandled our defense. No one else besides Steve Smith really impressed me and I was obviously expecting a big game from him.

MadHatter, we'll see. I am pretty confident the Bucs will make the playoffs. Even if we do lose to the Falcons, we are 9-5 and have the Chargers and Raiders left. The worst I see us going is 11-5. I pearsonally think we will win out, but we'll see.

Thanks,next week for you guys is going to be tough against dem dirty birds,I give you a 40% chance of winning,the next 2 games after that are wins.The Panthers really need to step up to win the division,you guys could still easily do it if the Panthers screw up,you guys more than likely make the playoffs.

Thanks,next week for you guys is going to be tough against dem dirty birds,I give you a 40% chance of winning,the next 2 games after that are wins.The Panthers really need to step up to win the division,you guys could still easily do it if the Panthers screw up,you guys more than likely make the playoffs.

Yea, I agree 100%. The Falcons will be a very tough game, but I have a feeling we will pull out a win.

And the person who said Ronde Barber is still good, I really wish he was still good, but he isn't. He used to be great, but he is just really bad now. He's been missing tackles all season and has been beat deep plenty of times. He's just not the same as he used to be.

Archived