• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallet Wonderlic

TheRealDeal

tbh, that is the kind of thing we probably wouldn't know was true... or at least most of us wouldn't since we don't have inside info. Some schools will go to great lengths to hide the drug use of students, so we may never know until Mallett is in the public eye a bit more what happened.

It'd be amazing(funny) if we took him #1 though, especially with that NFL.com graphic floating around and him having been written off as falling to the 2nd/3rd round by some people.

As i have said multiple times, i do not want the Panthers to take a QB in this draft, but, if they do, i would rather the chance be taken with this guy in the second round after the Panthers trade down several spots and pick up Green.

My worry is that his decision making is not that great. He will end up being a Jake Delhomme. Love him one game and hate him the next.

Same way Cam Haters like like bringing up allegations that havent been proved on Cam. I was just joking but you are sensitive when it comes to Cam for some reason. Sure the drug reason is the only reason the guy the went undefeated, won a championship, heisman and davey award and had the highest QB rating is ahead of him, absolutely

Most of the Cam stuff has real legs though, this doesn't.

I'm by no means "for" Mallet because I don't think we should take any QB this year, especially early.

The drug isn't the only reason you are right, Cam's perceived potential is the other. Literally everything else you can see and measure that relates to being a QB, Mallet destroys Cam. Cam isn't even close to Mallet's level in terms of being an NFL QB. Good thing Cam has potential though.

I'm by no means "for" Mallet because I don't think we should take any QB this year, especially early.

The drug isn't the only reason you are right, Cam's perceived potential is the other. Literally everything else you can see and measure that relates to being a QB, Mallet destroys Cam. Cam isn't even close to Mallet's level in terms of being an NFL QB. Good thing Cam has potential though.

hate_large.jpg

Hater :lol:

What has Mallet shown that Cam hasnt? There is no QB in this draft that has played better than him. Not nuthugging it's just a fact I wish there was somebody better at Qb maybe we'd all agree on the pick, but there is no one better than him when you look at the tape and stats, sorry

I'm not drawing the lines. When you put a picture of a player not on the panthers in any part of your online appearance, you draw the line.

You love Cam Newton. You want us to draft Cam, no reason to deny it.

I just find it funny how SOME of the Newton supporters are in the Mallet threads keeping alive the drug stuff when they got so offended with the Cam stuff, stuff that was actually real. It makes sense though since those perceived drug issues are the only thing keeping Mallet from going ahead of Cam.

Hey genius, he is standing in front of a screen with smoke on it. MEANING: IT'S A JOKE, NOT AN AVATAR GLORIFYING HIM. Good job, drawing yet another imaginary line. Thanks for proving me right.

And get over yourself man. I'm not the least bit offended by anything anyone would say about Cam, unless I feel it is race related. As far as his character or on field stuff, it's completely in play. I don't know him, Mallett, Gabbert, or any other possible pick, so why would I give a poo what anyone says about their character?

You completely ignored the joke about Cam and just took the angle of it being a personal attack because you brought up Cam and I said something negative about a player not named Cam.

You guys really are ridiculous. Again, I only think Cam should be the #1 pick, but if he isn't I have to pull for whoever we take. I've been a Panthers fan since 93 before we were the Panthers so one player isn't gonna make or break my fandom, I'm here for life.

Additionally, ONCE AGAIN, I don't get what is so hard to understand (unless you lack reading comprehension skills) that I didn't want Cam until late in the college football season. In fact, I was very anti-Cam and said I thought he would be a bust before re-evaluating my stance. Yes, the kid has some question marks and I really don't care for his dad (being a preacher yet pimping his kid out for the highest bidder), and no doubt in my mind he did some questionable things at Florida. You never cheated on a test in any form or fashion? You never had friends that you look back on and wonder what you were doing? He was what, 19? So I don't hold it against him.

Same with Mallett. I never tried drugs or alcohol personally, they don't interest me, but did my friends? Yes. Do you or I know successful people who have tried drugs when they were younger/college age? I'm sure we do. I can't hold it against him either if he did it. BUT, only thing that concerns me with substance abuse is addiction, but he seems to be functioning fairly well right now, so hopefully it was a one time thing. He also threw the best out of every QB in the combine IMO.

But, I guess drugs jokes about a white QB are off limits, but making ones about the black guy aren't. You aren't explicitly saying it, but you don't have to.

Both situations are joke worthy.

But, you're right, I'm such a Cam Fan Boy... So keep making these ill-informed accusations, you're just playing yourself.

Well it seems most people here and around the football world thought Mallet was a semi retard and that deterred them from liking him.

Did you hold that opinion of him and do you still?

A Wonderlic score of 26 IS semi-retarded...it is just above average for football players.:eek:

A Wonderlic score of 26 IS semi-retarded...it is just above average for football players.:eek:

I know I meant semi retarded for football players. Everyone knows that compared to normal people they are always already considered semi retarded so if they went semi retarded for a football player that's 3/4 retard and that's getting dangerously close to full retard and you NEVER go full retard.

Archived