• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

walter's 2011 power rankings - Panthers aren't the worst!

JawnyBlaze

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php

He has us at 27th, and most of what he says is agreeable except:

They refused to trade DeAngelo Williams for a presumed Round 2 selection. And yet, they think they can get one for Steve Smith, who is done.

Ridiculous on two counts. To think we should let go of a first rounder who exceeded expectations for a second round pick, AND THEN to claim that Steve Smith is done?! whew, I hope for walter's sake Smitty doesn't catch wind of this. He's liable to catch a broke nose.

DeAngelo is worth at most a 2nd round pick.

I know Panther fans love DeAngelo, but the facts are simply that RB is the easiest position to replace and has the shortest shelf life. Combine that with the fact that DeAngelo is 28 continues to have consistent and nagging injuries and anyone should see why DeAngelo's trade value just isn't that high.

Doesn't matter anyways. I don't believe that players can be traded without the CBA and I know they can't be traded without being under contract.

You don't see a thing wrong with "Steve Smith is done"? Then you, sir, are in the wrong place.

and I'm not saying "WE CAN GET THREE FIRTSZ AND EIGHT SECONDSZES FOR DEANGELO!!!", I'm merely saying there's no way we SHOULD trade him for a second round pick. NO WAY. Worth WAY more to this team than a second round pick.

Archived