• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

nba all star vs pro bowl

dpanthersman

You simply can't have an NFL "All Star" game mid season. Too much injury risk.

However, sans a College BCS Championship game the week between the Championship games and the Super Bowl a Pro Bowl game, minus the SB participants with all the fluff would be great.

i don't think he's refering to the timing of the pro bowl. i think he's talking about the event as a whole.

if i'm not mistaken, there are other events that surround the pro bowl. they just aren't aired on television.

Maybe they could have an all-star silly football game

any one that did not make the pro bowl would be eligible

A DL and OL game

players have to weigh 250 and above to play

Use a 50 yd field

Just for fun

Those big lineman would like to touch the ball L O L

itd be cool if everybody had their bye week at the same time.. that ensures that everyone goes to the pro-bowl, as opposed to leaving Superbowl squads out of the game.. it also puts everyone at a fair advantage, have the bye all at the same time, unlike the way Baltimore had to play like 16 straight games.. have it after the first 8 games, play the game, then everyone gets a week off, and the season resumes after that week..

players play at own risk.. i cant really remember the last time someone got injurd at the Probowl, besides that punter than got his ass nailed by Sean Taylor..

i don't think he's refering to the timing of the pro bowl. i think he's talking about the event as a whole.

if i'm not mistaken, there are other events that surround the pro bowl. they just aren't aired on television.

yea i totally agree that it shouldnt be in the middle of the season. but the event as a whole could be alot better. if they brought back the skills competion and maybe did a legend/celebrity game (which i thnk they used to do) and they aired all of this it would be alot more entertaining

The NFL actually used to have special events around Pro Bowl week (Fastest Man, QB Challenge, Lineman Challenge, Rookie Skills Challenge, etc) that were broadcast mostly on NFL Network. Fans love that kind of thing, but sadly the league has done away with them.

I do think moving it to the week prior to the Super Bowl rather than the week after was a good idea. Maybe sometime they'll bring the other events back.

I think one thing that really helps the NBA is the fact that the game is in the middle of the season, so fans of almost every team are still into basketball. If they played it after the season I do not think it would do as well. Plus, like someone else said the dynamics are just totally different...2 different animals.

Archived