• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to Cheer For - Wk 15

PanthersATL

hmmm the zona-vikes game is a crap shoot. i want the vikes now as the no fun league will likely suspend the williams boys in the playoffs (dont know how long into it, 1st only?) if they get their way. with them out that opens up that side of the nfc if they get in. that and zona scares the crap outa me with our secondary issues, and our "coverage" of the 5wr set.

well, in picking these games, you have to look forward to the other teams schedules

NO @ CHI- We want Chicago to win. This knocks NO out officially, which is good, since I don't want to be playing them in there home the final game of the season if they could get into the playoffs with a win. This also puts pressure on the Vikings, which is good. I'll explain later.

WAS@ CIN- We want Cincinnati to win. Probably not going to happen, but Washington could still get in

TB@ATL- Definitely want Atlanta to win. If we win, that will put us up two games in the division with two games to go. I would like some more breathing space

MIN@ARI- Go for Arizona. We have already beat them, and in the unlikely event that they are competing for a first round bye, we have the tiebreaker on them. Also, if Minnesota loses, they will probably play harder against the Falcons, who they face the next week.

DEN@CAR- Carolina obviously

NYG@DAL- I hate rooting for the Giants, but it's the smart choice. If Giants win, it will be a huge win for them, pretty much taking Dallas out of the playoff picture, while hopefully wearing them out emotionally for the next week, when they face us.

CLE@PHI- Hope Cleveland wins so that Philly is pretty much officially out of it

Giants are 11-2 and clinched a playoff spot

Cowbitches are 8-5 and in the mix for a wild card

If the Giants win and go to 12-2 and we win against Den and are 11-3 then if we beat the Giants we become 12-3 and they are 12-3 but we own the tiebreaker making us #1 in the NFC.... If the Cowboys lose they are all but out of the playoffs which is something great for us because we HAVE NOT CLINCHED anything YET. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best! If we want to be the #1 seed then we need to take care of business in Charlotte on Sunday then New York the following week.

we clinch a playoff berth if we beat denver and the cowfags lose.

I know... it is beyond me how people are rooting for a Cowboys win...

Cowboys play NYG, Baltimore, and Eagles. They're bound to lose at least one of those.

I'm not concerned with making the playoffs anymore. I want home-field considering how strong we've been at BOA.

Cowboys winning helps us out in that aspect. If they win, we can drop a game and still get home field as long as we beat the Giants.

I see why it would be nice to have Tampa another game back from us.

But if we win and Atlanta loses, we clinch a playoff berth.

It's the "other" option besides Dallas losing, or some 2 or 3-way combination of teams losing.

If we take care of our own business, then we'll end up with the #1 seed...but in the meantime we should be rooting for each "step" of our season...first clinching a playoff berth...then clinching a first-round bye...then clinching home-field advantage.

How bout this, lets just take care of buisness and we dont have to worry about who to root for. This Sunday I'll be rooting for one team and one team only the Carolina Panthers, if other games end up helping us out more then thats just a nice bonus as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to have to depend on other teams to make the playoffs or get homefield or anything, lets just win the next 3 and have some fun at the Vault in the playoffs.

Panthers can clinch a playoff berth with:

a win and a Dallas loss or tie OR

a win or tie and an Atlanta loss or tie OR

a tie and a Dallas loss and a Philadelphia loss or tie

an Atlanta loss and a Dallas loss and a Washington loss or tie

an Atlanta loss and a Dallas loss and Chicago loss or tie

an Atlanta loss and a Philadelphia loss and a Washington loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie

Archived